Lost Talent

knock knock

I groan slowly sitting up and rubbing my eyes "Whaaat?" I reply to the knocking and roll out of bed "Its Charlie! Just wanted to make sure you don't wake up too late." I grab the bracelet and slide it on watching the color change "Thanks I guess, you can come in." I grab my clothes from the floor and put them on quickly.

"Alright!" The door opens and Charlie walks in with a large smile "How did you sleep?" "Not too bad, went to bed pretty late but I got enough sleep." I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and Charlie follows, standing at the door "Good! Because we have a big day ahead of us." I start brushing my teeth and nod at her to continue "So, Osiris and I came up with an idea to bring more guest to the hotel."

She looks at me expecting a reacting but I just nod letting her know I'm still listening "It took a while but we decided to do a talent show!" I choke on my spit and start coughing hearing the word talent show "Are you ok Y/N?"

----flashback----

"Y/N, You're up!" The teacher says to me behind the curtains "O-ok.." I take a deep breath and walk onto the stage, going to the microphone in the center .

I look out at the hundreds of people in their seats waiting for me to start, I lean into the microphone a bit "H-hello, my name is Y/N. I am here to sing um, Lost Boy by Ruthie B."

I lean back from the microphone and take a deep breath about to start when I hear laughing in the audience, I feel an uncomfortable heat run to my chest but try to ignore it "Ok.." I whisper mostly to myself.

I start singing the first line when my voice cracks a bit, my singing voice clearly needs more practice and this song is pretty difficult. I ignore my mistake and keep going only to hear not so nice comments from the audience.

"I...I am a lost boy..." I mumble feeling anxious and start messing with my short dress "f-..from.." more laughing, more hurtful comments, I feel tears in my eyes and run off stage quickly. I run into a teachers arms not caring I'm crying my eyes out "Are you ok Y/N?" I hear the teacher ask making me cry more.

"What a loser!"

"Cant even get half way through the song!"

"Should find a new hobby."

----end flashback----

"Y/N?" I hear Charlie ask again snapping me out of my thoughts "Yes, I'm fine." I spit in the sink and put my toothbrush back, finally looking at her with a soft grin "Its a good idea, who is gonna be on stage?" I asked leaning against the sink "The whole crew! Except Alastor, Osiris, and Husk. They said they don't have any special talents to share." I nod and move past her to the closet "When is the show?" "Today!" I freeze staring at the closet, I'm not ready for this.

-----time skip-----

I sit on a stool at the bar, watching demons walk in and sit at tables in front of a giant stage Osiris summoned for us. This is going great so far but I don't think I can sing a slow song, I look to Husk who's cleaning a glass "Would you mind?" I tap on the bar table and slowly lean on it "Yes, I do." He growls not even looking at me, I sigh and toss him a ten dollar bill I pulled from my pocket. He looks at the money, then me, and slides a glass full of whiskey "Good enough.."

I sip my drink seeing three weird looking demons walk in, one had a suit on but a tv for a head and face. The second was tall and slim yet buff at the same time, he dressed like he was rich and had sunglasses on. The third was a simple girl with a big dress and colorful hair, she couldn't seem to let go of a phone that she used to record the whole place. "Who the hell are they?" I mostly say to myself, taking another sip of my drink.

"Vox, Velvet and...Valentino." I hear Angel say sitting next to me, he didn't seem to enjoy seeing Valentino "Don't recommend pissing them off." He chuckles stealing the drink from my hand for a small sip "Why not, are they all mighty overlords too?" I grin at him and steal my drink back "Oh yeah babe, everyone calls them the three Vs. They work together at the porn studio." He glares at the Valentino dude.

Weird..I haven't seen Osiris or Alastor in a while, wonder where they are. I finish my drink looking at Angel "So, what talent are you showing off?" I ask nudging his shoulder "Huh? Oh I just plan on doing the usual, dance on a pole and strip. You know I have to keep my reputation going." He winks at me "What about you?" I think for a moment, I'm obviously going to sing but I need a good song "Ugh I don't know, I want to sing but I wanted to do a slower song this time."

"What song did you have in mind? I'm sure its not too bad." He asked more interested "Its..an old song I liked as a kid, called Lost Boy by Ruthie B." I say a bit shy and run my hands through my hair to relax myself "Seriously? That is a really good song babe, why are you so shy about it?" He chuckles looking back at the crowd of demons flooding in through the doors, I didn't answer, just stared at the floor.

"We are probably gonna start soon, should go find Charlie and get ready." I get off the stool and sneak behind stage looking for someone familiar, I find the changing room and knock on the door lightly "Yes?" I hear a cute voice answer, already knowing its Charlie "Can I come in?" "Sure!" I walk in seeing Charlie putting makeup on "When do we get started?" I walk up behind her "Once everyone is dressed and the guests have settled, I would say ten minutes." She smiles and stands up to face me.

"All right, Ill get ready then." I smile at her seeing how excited she is yet holding it in the best she can "Perfect! The room is all yours then." She walks out closing the door behind her, I look in the mirror at my reflection and start tearing up "I don't know if I can do this.." I whisper to myself, sitting on a chair feeling defeated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There it is! I hope you all enjoyed! Also I went back to some chapters a fixed up a few things, hopefully it made them feel better and more connected. Thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

 Thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

~Urban<3~