Chapter 1

Jethro walked out of the elevators of NCIS, smiling. Normally at this time of year, he would be mad; cursing at the cold, snow, and traffic. But this year, he had something up his sleeve. He was going to propose to Jack. And the fact that it wasn't snowing yet, made Jethro a bit more happier.

    He walked over to his desk and placed his coat on the back of his chair. He then took a sip out of his coffee and carried both his and Jack's up to her office. Once he walked in, Jack looked up at him and smiled. "Hey Cowboy," she says and tries to stand up but falls back down to her chair. A few days ago, Jack had gotten injured in the field.

She broke her leg and had to use crutches but she had forgotten about it in the .2 seconds that she stood up. Jethro shut the door and walked closer to her. "Hey. You know you're not supposed to stand up without your crutches," he says. "I know. I'm sorry, I forgot," she said.

"Well, are you okay?," Jethro asks her. "I will be. I've been in pain for these three days and I haven't been getting a wink of sleep because of it," Jack says. They hadn't been living together because the lease on her apartment that she had renewed three years ago wasn't up yet. It was going to end in 2 days but Jethro didn't know that.

As far as he knew, Jack's lease wasn't up for another year. She was going to surprise him when she moved in. Since she had been in pain for the 3 nights, she decided to finish packing. All of her things were in boxes in her living room. "Aw. I'm sorry, Honey," he says and kisses her forehead as he sets down their coffees on her desk.

To him, her coffee was over-sugared whereas to Jack, his coffee was too bitter. Jack grabs her crutches and stands up. She grabs one of the coffees and Jethro grabs the other. They walk over to the sofa and sit down. She sets the coffee she had in her hand on the table.

Jethro put the coffee cup he had up to his lips and took a drink. He then made a weird face and swallowed. "That's yours," he says. Jack chuckles. "I love you, too, Cowboy,"