Chapter 25

The door opened and it revealed the doctor. "Mr and Mrs Gibbs, your babies have developed since they were born. You know that because you've visited them everyday. Your babies have been breathing on their own for the whole month. Your babies have started to regulate their own temperatures for three weeks now,"

"Today, you'll be able to take your babies home," the doctor explains. Tears fell from Jack's eyes but they were happy tears. She hugged Jethro and they both smiled. "Do you have names?," the doctor asks. "Yes,"

"Caleb Matthew Gibbs and Kiliah Marie Gibbs- 'Lia' for short. They both mean love, wholehearted and faith," Jack explains. Months had passed and it was now Christmas time again. The twins were now almost 1. It was their first Christmas.

The whole team was over and you could hear Christmas music flowing through the house. Everyone was decorating the tree and house. They were also over to spend time with the babies. The couple had been a lot more loving everyday since the toxic three months that they had had. Just thinking about the things they'd done when they'd finally get the babies to sleep, made Jack bite her lip.

She glanced over at her ring and realized that over nine months ago, she'd been looking at that same ring. She'd gotten up to make her husband breakfast. She remembered. A lot had happened over the months. She'd gotten married, gotten pregnant, gotten into a fight everyday with Jethro for three months, found out she was pregnant with TWINS, gave birth to the twins early, struggled with not seeing the twins, came home from the hospital with the twins after a month of them being in the NICU and now she was decorating the tree for Christmas like she had done a year ago.

She couldn't believe that she'd gotten through it. In the moment that it happened, she never would've thought she'd get through it. Jethro helped her a lot during the time she needed. He was a great husband and even wonderful father to the twins. She couldn't imagine her life without him, she couldn't imagine how'd she'd've gotten through those months without him.