Chapter 17

Jethro woke up to the sound of Jack's scream. He looked around and saw Jack on the floor crying. He jumped up and walked over to her. "Hey, I told you not to walk without your crutches," Jethro said, softly. "I'm sorry,"

"I didn't want to wake you up to ask you where they were and I needed to pee. You were sleeping so peacefully and you never get sleep so I didn't want to disturb you. I know, I should've listened to you. I'm so stupid," Jack says, still crying. "No, no,"

"Jack, you're not stupid. And thank you for trying to look out for me but remember my vows to you? I said, 'you can always crash my evenings and mornings'. I don't care whether I'm having a bad day, I'm sleeping, I'm in my own world, or even if I'm injured, you are my everything. I will drop everything and anything for you," Jethro says.

He picks Jack up and carries her to the bathroom. About five minutes later, Jethro looks at the clock on the wall. It was nine o'clock in the morning and they were to be at NCIS at ten o'clock. He hurried up and changed clothes. He then got Jack out some clean clothes and set them on the edge of the bed. He went down stairs and started a pot of coffee.

A few minutes later, Jack was walking down the stairs as Jethro set a bowl of cut up fruits on the peninsula. It had grapes, apples, watermelon, peaches, and bananas in it. He then dumped the bowl into the blender and made Jack a smoothie. Jack smiled as Jethro turned off the blender and poured it all in a cup. He screwed the lid on and turned to the coffee machine.

He poured the coffee into their cups and added a cup of sugar to Jack's whereas he put three spoonfuls into his. He stirred both cups and put the lids on. He checked his watch. It was now 10:20am. He put his hand on Jack's back and guided her to the door.

He set the cups on the table and helped Jack put on her shoes. He then helped her with her coat. He grabbed the cups and they headed to NCIS. Once the couple arrived, they went their separate ways. Vance had already assigned a case to Jack and she needed to start it now.