Chapter 7

It was 5:50 and Jethro was walking up to Jack's door. Before he could knock, Jack opened the door and closed it behind her. Jethro took a step back and looked at Jack for that last time; as they were just 'girlfriend and boyfriend' but in an hour, they'd be more. They'd be fiancé and fiancé. He was so ready. This woman was more to him than just a coworker or his lover. She was the love of his life.
She was his everything and she looked fantastic. He loved her. He smiled at her and she smiled back. What Jethro didn't know was that tonight, Jack had a surprise for him, too. Jack had Ellie and Nick bring her stuff to Jethro's house. The lease on her apartment was renewed for a little while so she could recover from her injuries but she cancelled it for tonight. They walked to the car and Jack smiled.

Jack loved Jethro. She couldn't wait for their night. She didn't know what Jethro had up his sleeve, but she was sure it was something magnificent. They both couldn't stop thinking about the surprises they had in store for one another. The whole car ride to the restaurant, they both were smiling. They didn't speak, for they were so deep in thought.

Once they arrived at the restaurant, Jethro got out and opened Jack's door for her. "Thanks, Cowboy," she said and stood up. They both walked into the restaurant with huge grins on their faces. Of course, before they walked in, Jethro opened and held the door for his beloved Jack. They both sat down at the table and looked at each other.

Jack's smile made Jethro's heart flutter again. He looked into her eyes and said, "Jack, I love you," and that made Jack's heart flutter. "I love you, too, Cowboy," she says and picks up the menu; breaking eye contact. He does the same. He then starts making small talk.

A few minutes later, the couple were ordering. "...with a glass of champagne," Jethro says after Jack orders. "It'll be out in about ten to fifteen minutes," the waitress says. "Thank you," Jack says and the waitress smiles; walking away. About twenty minutes passed and the waitress walked toward their table and set down everything that they had ordered.

After thirty minutes, Jack and Jethro were talking and had barely eaten half the meal that they had ordered. They had been laughing and enjoying themselves. Jethro knew it was time. He wasn't going to be a wuss and back out of it. He then began his speech.