Chapter 16

"I'm so sorry, Leon. That was very unprofessional of me. I should not have called you, especially since I was drunk. I shouldn't have disrespected you or my husband like that. I'm very disgusted of myself for calling you and saying those words,"

"I understand if you want to suspend me or even fire me over this. I also understand if you want to end our friendship over this. I shouldn't have acted the way that I had. Again, I'm very sorry," Jack says, still staring at the floor. Vance laughs.

"Jack, I'm not mad at you. I'm happy you had fun and even got wasted. But I would've honestly been happy not seeing you twerk. Not to hurt your feelings or anything," Vance says, laughing still. Jack looks up at him and laughs, too. "And Gibbs is a hard ass," he adds.

It was now about midnight and Gibbs and Jack were just arriving home. Jack was so tired that she was slurring her words and couldn't walk to the front porch in a straight line; even with her crutches. Jethro did try to help her but she insisted she didn't need help and told Jethro to get her things from the car. Jack managed to get to the steps of the front porch but when she tried to get up the stairs, she tripped and fell. Jethro was still grabbing Jack's things when he heard his wife's scream of pain.

He dropped her things and ran to her. He noticed that she had fallen but held back from the 'I told you so' that was bound to come out of his mouth. Jack didn't need her husband to be an ass, she needed him to help her so that's what Jethro did. He grabbed her crutches and tossed them into the grass. He then picked his wife up and managed to open the front door.

He set Jack down on the couch and asked her if she needed anything. "Advil," was all she could say because she was biting her lip to try to ease the pain in her leg. Jethro ran to the kitchen and grabbed two Advil and a glass of water. He came back to her and handed her the water and medicine. He then ran outside to the car and slipped and fell.

He groaned as he stood up. He grabbed Jack's things and walked back into the house. He set Jack's things on the couch, beside her. Jethro then helped Jack take off her shoes and he took off his own. He set the shoes by the door after he took them off. A few minutes later, they were in their bed and fast asleep.