11. First Salary

"I really like your voice princess." Blade mused not wanting to get angry at her angry self.

Isabelle tried to calm herself. This man's words were only infuriating her and not to mention this much closeness. It's suffocating her.

They heard footsteps approaching and Isabelle's heart sank knowing that it must be Jacob and if he saw her like this then surely he'll get to know her secret as well. Which she really didn't want.

Blade saw the pale look on the girl's face and he knew what's going through her mind so without much of a thought he moved away from her and pointed towards the beard.

Isabelle didn't need to think much as she dashed for the beard and moustache as she placed it on her face hurriedly and she immediately made a messy bun of her hair and just as she wore her cap the door creaked open.

She tried to appear as normal as possible. Her heart was erratic, and her face was flushed as she softly wiped her face to clear the tears, cautious of not letting Jacob see the notion.

She felt his gaze on her and she froze for a second but didn't look up as she immediately picked up her fake glasses that were on the floor as she wore them.

When she finally looked up, she saw Jacob's brown eyes narrowed particularly at the guy that was standing behind her. She gulped, before she could say a word. Jacob spoke up.

"What are you doing here Blade?" Jacob asked, his voice bitter.

Isabelle was a bit taken aback by the bitterness in his voice but her mind stopped at one word. Blade! That is his name, she thought angrily.

"Nothing of your concern Jacob!" That blade guy spoke up with the same bitterness making her just stare at the floor not knowing anything at all.

"What happened to you Ryder?" Jacob asked this time to her with seriousness dripping from his voice making her gulp as she slowly looked up at his brown eyes.

"N-Nothing!" She croaked and then spoke in a manly voice.

The expressions on Jacob's face said that he didn't buy her words but nonetheless he didn't ponder further on her as he paid his attention to Blade.

"Strange tho! Your ego allowed you to be in the janitor's room. Hmm?" Jacob mocked making Isabelle to stare at him with wide eyes. Like for real! Why is Jacob messing with this bad guy? She thought seriously.

She felt his arm brushed hers as Blade took two dominating steps towards Jacob and he didn't back down either as both the men stood face to face glaring at each other deadly.

"Don't cross your line Jacobi!" Blade sneered and just like that he left the room with a harsh thud making her flinch in her place.

"What the fuck this bastard was doing here?" Jacob yelled loudly, taking her off guard at his sudden outburst as she flinched.

"I-I just came back from work. Only to find him already here! I asked him why he's here but before he could answer, you came." She spoke in her manly voice, trying to lie smoothly and it somehow convinced Jacob as he looked away.

"I fucking hate this egoistic bastard!" Jacob growled lowly making her look at him surprised.

"Well guess what? Me too!" She spoke in a confident male voice as she tried to sneer but it sounded odd to her ears and she noted it down in her mind to not sneer again.

"After finishing your work. Come with me to the manager to collect your salary check." Jacob told her in a normal voice, indicating that his anger was now gone as she nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Sure." She spoke happily as she left the janitor room to complete her work as soon as possible.

She busied herself in doing her job but those grey eyes kept creeping in her head. That alpha male is Blade, he bullied her once and now he knows she's a girl. What could be worse than this!

He freaking kissed her. Her second kiss also got stolen and she can't do anything about it. She felt extremely angry but she kept her anger at bay, not allowing herself to cry over it.

She saw her wrist where his fingerprints were standing proudly, mocking at her for what he had done. First that bastard in the restaurant restroom took her first kiss forcefully and now this shitty man took her second kiss.

Why is this happening to her? She can't even complain to anyone about it because if she does, her secret will be out and she'll lose the job, which she really can't afford to lose under such circumstances.

She just really wished it to be a nightmare but reality is bitter. Maybe he'll forget about her and get busy in his life. She could just pray that.

She tried to force herself to think about other things like her salary and not to think about this stuff. And somehow her thoughts got distracted from him to her salary, grocery shopping and gifts for Ava and Axel.

She thought to surprise Ava and Axel today and had dinner at some good restaurant, just four of them, she'll call Emma and this will be a great surprise and something different in their daily scheduled life.

Rest of the time her mind was busy thinking of an affordable good restaurant and how she'll surprise them.

She completed her work and was going towards the janitor room but got startled when she heard someone shouting 'Ryder' from behind her.

She turned around only to find Jacob as he motioned her to come and she happily went as they both entered the manager Gareth's office.

"I'm really happy to tell you Ryder. The principal and I are really intrigued by your hard work and dedication." Gareth spoke softly making Isabelle blush as she mumbled an awkward thank you.

"So, we decided to give you a bonus." Gareth spoke, making Isabelle's jaw drop in happiness as she felt like doing a happy dance just then and there.