27. Threat

Blade groggily roamed his hand around the bed only to find the spot beside him empty. His eyes shot open and the blissful peace escaped his senses, he looked around the room to find it empty. She was gone but that wasn't the only case. He could smell thick black smoke entering his room from underneath the door as if something was burning.

He immediately stood up and checked his whole room. There was no one in the restroom and neither in the walk-in closet. Her janitor clothes were also missing.

She left!

He hoped she fucking left.

Fuck! How can she leave at night because right now it was early dawn which simply means, she left late in the night. Or maybe she left a few minutes ago. He hurriedly wore his shirt and then coughed when black smoke became thick in the room. He walked towards the door and yanked it open only to step back in shock.

"What the fuck?" He growled, finding his whole corridor to be lit by fire.

What if she was out there in the fire?

What in the fucking hell. He tried to step out of his room but there was too much smoke that it made it difficult for him to breath. He shut the door and ran towards his window, opening it, he glared down at the guards. The firefighters were already there trying to control the flames.

"Have yall seen a girl?" He yelled through the window at his men. "A girl in a Janitor's uniform?" He roared again. His patience, running thin as one of his cars moved into the mansion through the gate.

The driver came out looking hysteric. Blade yelled again inquiring about her while coughing.

"I dropped her." That same driver from the car yelled back hesitantly and Blade took in a deep breath.

"What the fuck ya'll were doing?" He growled through the window as one of his security men motioned at the firefighter and they raised the small crane up and he was about to get out of the window when he recalled something. Moving in he grabbed his phone from the couch and came out.

When he was finally down. He was fuming in anger. "How the fuck it happened?" He roared at the security guards who flinched back looking down.

"Sir, the fire erupted from inside. We were out, we didn't know it until there were huge flames." One of the security guards said in a low afraid voice as Blade fisted his hands to his sides.

He knows all too well who did this. Did she want to kill him? Ahhh! An ominous smirk adorned his sinful lips as he eyes twinkled with mischief. She wants to play. Was she in revenge mode? He likes feisty girls. No wonder he was attracted to her in the first place in that restaurant's restroom when she hit his buddy and knee him on the nose. Girl has guts he gave her that but now she would've known what type of a man he was.

If he wants her, he gets her as simple as that.

He leveled the driver with a vicious glare. All the guards and the driver were now shaking in fear.

"S-sir just a while ago a g-girl came out of the mansion saying that you asked me to drop her at her place. So I obliged and dropped her safely at her place." Blade nodded his head. Smirking. Clever. Clever. Little vixen.

"Where did you drop her?" Blade asked calmly this time making that man take in a deep breath which he was holding.

That driver informed where he dropped Isabelle but there was no proper house number or building. He just knows her block and area.

She was a clever little kitten. He was glad that she tricked his guard in dropping her safely at her place. She has a brain and he likes it.

Beauty with brain.