Staying.

Waking up by the smell of bacon and hearing the laughter of bea echoing from the kitchen.

Walking down the stairs missing some steps on the way down,
"Good morning sleepyhead" still unfamiliar with Aaron's voice, giving him a smile being friendly.

Him motioning toward the food next to bea that was for me to eat.

Eyes wide, bea giggling at the face, excitement circling through my body at the food I haven't eaten in a long time.

Stuffing all of the food into my mouth at once Aaron laughing and bea following with a giggle.

"Good?" Arron asked me.

"Like heaven in my mouth" I tried to speak with food in my mouth,
Satisfied with the food that I've eaten I grabbed me and Beas plates bringing them over to the sink to wash.

Feeling normal again, like a teenagers supposed to feel and finally give bea a normal place to be and not just cabins with walkers outside trying to claw their way in.

"Hey! Could me and bea explore the community for awhile I promise we'll be right back after." I asked Arron not that I had to but it felt right.

"Of course! its my time to do chores also" he smiled.

"Chores?" I asked looking confused.

"Yeah, everyone gets a chore! Like keeping watch, gardening like those, hey maybe if you stay u can get a fun chore who knows" he spoke.

Smiling and nodding thinking I'd say something wrong if I spoke.

Before heading out looking down at our clothes feeling slightly embarrassed but it's not like they gave us fresh clothes to change into when got here.

Asking bea if she was ready to go, saying yes with a smile we head outside into the cold morning air.

Everyone already up doing their chores, walking pass each area in the community, some people  talking some laughing and smiling.

Pointing out things to bea and explaining things she's never heard before.

Seeing Maggie across the way with what looked like her husband, bea running up to her already like we've know her for centuries.

Running after bea but getting there late hence maggie laughing at her words.

"Sorry about her" I apologized semi out of breath.

"No worries, shes a sweetheart" Maggie said accent coming out with it.

The man beside her looking confused but smiling nonetheless.

"Oh sorry clove and bea this is my husband Glenn" she introduced us, giving a small "hi", bea gave him a hug,
Not tall enough she basically hugged his legs and he laughed and gave a hug back enjoying the company of her.

Talking with Maggie for awhile bea chiming in when she wanted to say something on the subject.

Bringing us into the evening, me and bea walking "home" bea telling Aaron about everything we did earlier on.

Aaron entertaining her for the time of her rambling stories, quietly walking up the stairs to fix hair and clean up before I meet the teenager group that Ron suggested I go to.

Running water through my hair, and on my face.

Anxiously tapping my hands against the faucet convincingly myself to actually go, interrupting my thoughts was Aaron.

He called up the stairs to tell me that Ron was here.

Calming down for a minute, I finally walk down stairs saying bye to bea and giving a thanks to Aaron.

Walking to the door seeing Ron standing there ready to go.

"Come on slowpoke everyone's waiting!" Ron said,
Waving bye to everyone I walk with Ron to his house making small conversation about everyone there and how my day went giving details so it wasn't as boring as it could be.

Only a couple houses down we arrive at his house, walking inside it felt homey, a blonde women that I assume was his home greeted us awkwardly waving and thanking her.

Ron pulling me upstairs, leading me into what I guess was his room with four other teenagers in the room.

Ron introducing me to the people, Mikey,Enid,Quinn and Carl.

Waving to everyone in the room, Mikey and Enid smiling with a small wave back and Carl just looking up at me but nothing from him.

Feeling weird about intruding on a already made group until Quinn.

"Hi I'm Quinn, I came here a couple months ago, they'll warm up to you they just need time especially Carl he's just.. well him" she said putting her arm around my shoulder.

Mikey and Ron playing video games, Carl and reading comics not speaking much.

"Sooo clove" Quinn announced trying to get everyone's attention "tell us about yourself"

Ron chiming in "yeah you are the mysterious new girl after all"

Everyone now eyes on me I gulp.

"Well, I'm Clove Finley, I'm sixteen and uh I have a sister named Bea and I've raised her ever since I could remember" I said feeling like I ran out of words.

"Not just that, like before how'd you survive so long" Mikey spoke.

"Well our mom died when we were little and after that our dad become less of dad and more of an asshole, but the apocalypse hit he was bit fairly quick" looking around everyone seemed to be interested even Carl.

"-I had to kill our dad confused with the whole thing me and bea barricaded in our house for awhile then we had to move, and before yesterday coming here we've been on the move." I said fidgeting with my hands.

"Woah! You're like a such a badass" Quinn said reaching to my story.

"You're so strong clove" enid spoke up with a small smile.

Feeling excepted into the random teen group, Quinn handed me a comic while she joined Mikey and Ron comedically yelling at both of them.

Eyes wandering getting stuck on Carl, he was the mysterious one I would say, getting interrupted Quinn and Ron sat by me talking about funny stories they shared.

Talking till everyone got heavy lidded we all fell asleep in random order.