Getting Better Otherwise.

Getting back to Alexandria, eyes heavy and sunset upon the sky.

The gates opening was music to my ears, everyone relieved to be "home" like everyone coming home from a road trip.

Everyone parting ways back to their rooms and families,
"Clove would you like us to walk you home or anything?" She asked sweetly.

Before I could answer Carl chimed in first "Don't worry Maggie, I can do it tonight" he said with some charm.

Maggie tipping her head to make sure I was okay with it, nodding at her she said her goodnights and gave her hugs.

Already awkward while walking with Carl.

And then he spoke "I don't" he looked like he was thinking while saying it.

Eyebrows furrowed a confused look on my face.

"You don't, what?" I asked genuinely confused.

" I don't hate you, m'sorry if it came off that way" he apologized.

"Oh! don't apologize" I said for reassurance.

"Friends..?" I asked.

He grinned "friends." He reassured.

Passing every house, slowly getting to me, bea and aaron's,
Silence filled between both of us but not tense or awkward silence, a calm silence?

Getting to the door, hearing voice ring through it, laughing to be exact.

Turning around, a small smile sitting on my lips, "I don't hate you either grimes".

And with that I walked inside seeing Aaron, Rick and a random man with long hair, I mean he kinda looked like Jesus but he probably gets that a lot.

"Oh clove! Come over!" Aaron said excitedly

Walking over, blood still smeared all over my face which Rick took notice too with a shocked face.

"Clove, this is Paul and Paul this is clove my.." he said silent for awhile.

"She's one of two of my adoptive daughters" he said with a smile.

My body not knowing how to react, unknowingly a smile appearing on my face and giving a small "hi" in return.

Aaron looking like he's had a few drinks but overall feeling happy knowing that me and bea actually meant something to people here or maybe he won't even remember in the morning.

Having my smile drop fast with my racing thoughts, Paul gave a wave and introduced himself as Jesus... hmm, not saying I didn't know.

Aaron smiling while motioning bea was upstairs and possibly asleep.

Quietly walking up the stairs, overwhelmed by everything that's happened already.

Dropping my things on the floor in my and Beas shared room, everything messily placed in a pile of "doom",
"Hello?" a light whisper spoke, more of a question then anything.

"Just me" I whisper back.

Laying down, staring up at the ceiling, eyes heavy but before I drift off I give bea a forehead kiss like our mom used to.

Turning over watching the light under the door, slowly drifting asleep.

—~—

Eyes opening from the noise downstairs, people yelling,
Bea not next to me anymore, walking down the stairs still in my bloody clothes from yesterday.

Stopping at the end of the stairs, everyone in two groups surrounding the living room.

Tapping enid and quinn on the shoulders asking "what the fuck is happening?!" very confused, does everyone barge in other people house everyday?

Both of them quickly yelling about how Ron and Carl got in a fight and Aaron's tending to their injuries.

Not shocked Carls an asshole anyways.

Visiting Ron first, ice to his cheekbone, frowning at him,
Ron grabbing my hand reassuring me that he was okay and how I shouldn't worry.

Feeling uncomfortable, enid giving me a look.

Giving a friendly smile and nod And backing out of the touch.

Walking back to where Carl sat, mean expression on display, I quietly sit next to him, anger radiating off of him.

Not looking at him, wondering if I should say anything at all.

"Hi" I said sounding small.

No answer from him, excepting the awkward silence as an answer.

Before I could say anything else he spoke first

"Do you like him, clove?" He asked, looking over at me finally.

The confusion filling my brain once again, not knowing what he means, "..what?, who?" I questioned.

"Don't be stupid clove, Ron." He stated, "Do. you. like. Ron. " he asked

"No, Carl I'm not being stupid, and no I don't I don't even talk to him." I finally look at him, standing up now.

"But he looks at you like you're the world already, and you always act upon the flirty actions he does" he pointed out.

Anger filling me now, I furrowed my eyebrows confused on why in the world he would ever think I have a like Ron??

"God Carl and to think you changed" I scolded.

Storming out of the home finding a quiet area for my thoughts to fill.