Memories.

A/n - Hi bffs I'm so sorry for the small break I went on a small vacation and school started back up, but I'm officially back!

The morning sun creeping through the glass windows,
Shining directly on the two couches that me and bea decided to take over for the night. of course in the grimes household.

Sitting up, deciding to look around, only one family photo on their counter, Rick in a proper policeman outfit laughing into a woman's side which I'm guessing was his wife and Carl's mom.

She had a beautiful smile, holding a small Carl on her hip, him leaning into her shoulder with a warm smile on his face.

Softly running my fingers over the memory which was not mine but something I always wanted.

A soft "hey" was heard from behind me along with sounds of a baby cooing, Quinn rocking Judith back and forth squishing her cheeks occasionally.

"Oh, hi" was all I said, startled from the sudden noise.

"Maggie's asleep upstairs, and I might have watch duty", she looked guilty but a smile pulling at her lips like she was gonna burst out laughing any minute.

"Yes Quinn ill take care of Judith" I spoke knowing what she was implying, a chuckle coming out of my mouth seconds later.

The gentle exchange of Judith from each warm hold, uncomfortable at first she slowly got used to it giggling to herself now.

"They should be back any time now, don't forget about your boyfriend clove!" Quinn yelled giggling halfway through.

"My what?" I asked, eyes wide.

"Boyfriend" she shrugged casually.

"He's not my boyfriend Quinn, he doesn't even like me" I admit.

"Clove, I love you but you're so stupid, open your eyes do you not see the way he looks at you or?" She laughed.

"Well ouch, and no" I spoke with my head up ending the conversation at this point.

I mean maybe he's good looking yeah I'll give him that and he treats me nice, he didn't but he's changed, his hugs are always comforting and warm but there's no way I like him or he likes me.

Shaking the thoughts from my mind when the door shut and bea was standing in front of me waving her hand somewhat over my eyes being too short to reach.

Greeting her with a smile, she only asked for a water, giving a thumbs up and heading to the kitchen, shifting Judith over to grab a cup and pouring a water bottle into the cup feeling fancy.

Smile on my face, taking care of the children seemed like a fun job.. so far.

Walking out to the living room, looking around, bea gone, the door wide open, chatting going on.

Standing on the porch of the household, I saw everyone slowly trudging back, a wide smile on my face, bea already greeting everyone, waving them down.

Carl's promise was true, they are back, safe, I hope.

Maggie coming to stand behind me, smiling up at her, Judith cooing at her as well, giggling at the sudden noises from her.

Enid standing behind bea, holding onto her shoulders making sure she doesn't get hurt from anything, smiling at the action wondering how we got so lucky to be here.

Slowly but surely the whole group getting to our general area, greeting everybody back.

Giving Glenn a massive hug, being careful of Judith but still giving him and Maggie a small group hug.

Crowded through the people next was Aaron already carrying bea on his hip, looking funny because Beas getting older and taller.

He pulled me into the family hug, putting his hand over my head giving a quick kiss to both me and Beas heads showing his affection through actions instead of words.

Him letting go of the hug, walking inside the house probably for a "meeting" with everyone to say what happened and what they found.

The last two people were Carl and Rick, talking afar not knowing what they were saying but happy they were okay.

Calling turning, facing me now, looking from my eyes to Judith in my arms now asleep.

His eyes softened a small smile forming on his lips, a smile and wave coming from me.

Carl rushing closer to both me and his baby sister, he rain his hand down judiths small head, Rick joining seconds later squishing her small face, her squirming and going right back to sleep.

Rick holding out his arms for Judith to be placed into, softly transferring her to her father.

Taking her inside, shuffling her back n forth.

Turning towards Carl again, him already looking at me square in the eye.

Taking a glance over his face, a deep cut on his cheek, a deep red, taking my hand and resting it on his cheek softly running my thumb over it.

He instantly closes his eyes, "it'll be fine I promise" he speaks.

"Let me clean me clean it up, I'll be fast" I offer.

Grabbing his hand and dragging him along, not making it far before he pulled me back into him.

"Before," he started, " I have something for you, or us" he spoke.

My eyes lighting up at his "surprise" gift.

"Shoot cowboy, whatcha got" I spoke smiling.

He dug into his dark green bag that hung around his shoulder across his body he pulled out a blocky camera holding it infront of me.

"It's uh a camera I got while looking around a place, I thought you'd like it, for memories" he spoke nervously.

" I love it, Carl, thank you for everything" I told him, giving him a kiss on his other cheek asking him to pose on the porch.

He gave a thumbs and a small smile.

Positioning the camera to my eye, and pressing down on the button to capture the moment.

Click!

The camera flashed and the noise rang, the small picture coming out of the front, blank at first.

"You should shake it like this" Carl spoke while shaking the small picture back and forth, the picture now appearing in the frame.

"Cute!, can I keep this one?" I asked.

He nodded, his heart warm at the whole interaction.