The Storm

Excitedly rushing away from the people in the living room, running straight upstairs, rummaging through the clothes I had, I picked out, in my mind a pretty good outfit.

Letting my hair take control of its self for tonight.

Nerves entering my body finally, not the "first official date" nerves, fear that something will go wrong nerves.

Negan now in Alexandrias captivity, trying not to think about the future too much and go with the wind.

Walking down stairs, having a little bit of time to spare, voicing my goodbyes to everyone in the house, wanting to avoid the questions they wanted to ask.

Taking a small stroll through the brightly painted neighborhoods, blues matching the sky perfectly.

Seeing enid with a backpack and a knife in her hand, calling after her.

But her turning around, putting a finger to her lips, telling me to keep quiet, her continuing to walk forward, climbing the ladder outside the walls.

Looking behind me then looking forward out of anxiousness, if anything happens to her, it would simply be my fault.

Taking a deep breathe every couple seconds, walking towards the grimes' house, wanting to fill my thoughts with something nice.

Knocking on the door once, apparently not loud enough, knocking again a couple times now.

Michonne opening the door, a worried expression sat on her face, until she saw me rocking back and forth on my heel looking at the cement steps.

A warm smile starting on her face, motioning for me to come in, judith sat on couch, reaching out at me, grabbing onto the air.

A smile turning on my face now, picking Judith up, keeping her on my hip, bouncing her up and down, her giggles echoing through the small area.

The presence of what I thought was michonne, Turning around and being met with Carl and his stupid smile.

"You weren't supposed to be here for.. another ten minutes!" He spoke as he checked his fake watch.

"Well grimes you're in luck, clove finely is here, in the flesh" I joked with him.

He smiled putting his finger up, gesturing to hold on.

He swiftly walked to the kitchen and packing up all the things he wanted to bring.

Him rushing back out, While I put Judith back down on the couch, slipping a blanket over her body for warmth.

Looking down at the basket he had, grinning at how much thought he put in this.

Before Carl could pull me outside, michonne stopped us, she just stood there a smile on her face, almost like it was taunting Carl, making me giggle a bit.

"You two lovebirds have fun, but please just don't die" she laughed.

Carl rolled his eyes with a smirk, hitting his arm at his actions.

"Sooo.. where'a taken us grimes" I asked dragging out some of the letters.

"You'll see, don't you have any patience's" he laughed to himself.

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

Quickly getting to the small patch of grass, water near by, standing by the edge of the water, an urge to jump in.

Turning around and a nice blanket, with a plaid pattern, laid across the ground, a straw basket also laid perfectly in the middle, Carl digging in the basket for comics.

A smile growing on my face at the sight, sitting next to him, criss cross at first but deciding to lay down, looking at the stars and back at Carl.

"My dad found a place" Carl suddenly spoke.

"—a nice place, with people and more space for bea and judith" he continued.

Looking over at him, "do we have to move?, I mean I don't wanna just rip this place from bea" I  said speaking more soft.

"Not if you don't want to, no" he looked over smiling at me.

"I think I want to teach bea how to use a gun" I admitted, looking away, not scared of his response but scared of his reaction.

He nodded slightly "that's smart, we're gonna have to do the same for judith soon enough" he agreed.

A comfortable silence circling us, until gunshots in the distance took up the sound.

A scream was heard seconds later, "we gotta go" Carl yelled.

Pulling me in the direction of the ladder, refusing to go with him, running in the direction of my house.

Getting there as quickly as I possibly could, bea wondering around the front area of the house, yelling for her to follow me.

Her taking my hand, running in the direction me and Carl were just in, Carl still standing at the ladder, frantically looking around.

As soon as he spots us we get everyone up the ladder, tripping as soon as we got down, Carl pulling us away from the place, away from the sounds, away from my family.