Chapter 1 | Annoying sibling

      The priests voice echos through the room and I look down at my only shiny Gucci shoes which I bought from my own salary, cause my kanjoos (Miser) father didn't want to waste his money on something such as shoes which he saw a man selling on ...

The priests voice echos through the room and I look down at my only shiny Gucci shoes which I bought from my own salary, cause my kanjoos (Miser) father didn't want to waste his money on something such as shoes which he saw a man selling on the street for 20$.

"I now solemnly declare you as husband and wife. Let no one put asunder those that have been joined together today in the presence of almighty God. You may now kiss the bride"

Sniffs can be heard, silent sobs of happiness can also be heard, and I am blinking my eyes and glaring at one part of the ground so my eyes burn and I shed some tears like others and not look like a stone hearted one here, because my friend beside me is sobbing with her head on my shoulder.

But my eyes are betraying me when they shouldn't. When I should cry I am looking so emotionless and when I should look emotionless, that is when watching a movie with family members, I grin when soft rated moments happen and cry rivers and fountains only because the man said 'I love you'. I hate myself sometimes for this.

I lift my eyelids up but quickly lower them when I see them doing the sweet, soft, very personal and not so public deed in front of everyone by eating each other's faces.

We stand in the far corner and not with the bride who is are best friends sister, because we both look different with are hijaab's securely tied over and around our head with the Abaya's we are wearing, we nowhere look invited in this wedding, since all look posh and rich here, not that we don't look rich! I have wore my new Abaya which was delivered just 2 days ago. And it looks pretty good.

"Stop crying Aly" I pat my over-dramatic friends cheek, who cries for every single thing, someone in the north or south or west or east got into an accident and here she will be shedding tears thinking how much pain they must have been going through.

"Can you stop that? The bride itself is giggling and talking about her honeymoon already and here your crying" my another friend, Ahad, who always looks pissed off glares at Aliya who pout and glares back.