Chapter 30 | Luck

Pressing my legs to my chest, I become as small as I can as if to hide myself from this big man which is not possible

Whimpering quietly to myself when pain hits my back as I press myself into the night stand, I try my best to keep quiet. I can feel movements in my hand, I am able to place my hand down, but this bring no happiness and excitement to me like I was when I knew I was able to walk.

I can feel my fingers moving because of the constant pressure I am using on it, and it is like something I want it to happen and it does not look miracle to me it, I feel nothing. I only feel more pain in my nerve for pressuring myself.

The level of fear I am feeling is killing all the emotions I should be feeling now.

"Are you okay?" Max whispers in a worried tone as he crouches beside me but seeing me hissing  in fear and moving back he does not come closer.

"Why are you so scared of me? I said you I am a good person, and I won't do anything to you" he pouts as if he is sad I am not trusting him.

And all the expressions he is making only makes him look more psychotic.

"Ziah, since you will be dying in.." he looks at his watch and then again speaks "in like 10 minutes, I have something to say you, so you will rest in peace" he giggles at the end.

"RIP" he again giggles repeating it as if it is some funny word, whereas here my soul is leaving my body.

"Okay let's have a serious talk, I never wanted to hurt you, that was never my intention, because you always gave me lollipop which also tastes good and you were a good person by heart" he smiles as he speaks.

"But you know when you became a problem? You became a problem when you started visiting Boss's cabin a lot and then soon without any thought he said you both are marrying, like why? How? Is my sister a joke? She visits almost every week and also compliments him on his looks and that greedy human, flirted with my sister and then married you? How can he do that? Why did you marry that jerk, but since you have married him which is your mistake I had to kill you..." he quietly whispers the last part with a smile.

"I am someone who does work very quickly and I wanted to finish you the very first time I saw you and boss sitting together so close in the couch, so I sent some stupid frat boys who I fed a good amount of junk of my money but they did nothing but scared you when I wanted you to be dead, and you know why that happened? Of course their should be a hero in everyone's life and your stupid hero here gave them 10 bugs more than what I payed them to not kill you since you are his life and you are his breathe and you are his water and all that shit he utter only made me cringe so hard" he rolls his eyes with a huff but that only confuses me more and more, I don't understand a thing he is saying.

So that day when Ziyan protected me from those boys, it was Max plan and also someone was behind this.

I keep my mouth zipped up, listening to whatever he is saying even though my heart is ready to jump out of my mouth.