Chapter 15 | Confused

"What do you mean I am getting married in 4 days?!" I gulp the apple as I look at them with wide eyes who are ignoring me and picking up the jewellery the old man is showing them

"4 days means today is Tuesday so" she starts counting in her fingers "on Saturday is your nikkah and Sunday Valima" she happily grins and turns her attention towards the jewellery.

"These type of jewels I wore when I was getting married, you want my daughter to wear the same designs?!" My grandma glares at the old man who gulps taking some other collections "Show me some modern collections just like my bacha (baby)" grandma holds my chin and shakes my head as she tells the old man to show her the modern collections.

I roll my eyes feeling so annoyed, I thought it is me who is the bride, why the hell are they not informing me anything.

Ziyan clearly said me today that I should stay at home and that's why I woke up at 11 and when I woke up I see them in the living room running from here to there while aunties are choosing jewelleries the mens our talking about the venue and now when I asked them what the hell is happening they tell me I am getting married in 4 days are they serious? They better not be, Cause I freakin don't  like joke!

"Ammi what are you saying? Who gets married in 4 days, You said me we are just getting engaged" I cry pulling her arm so she looks at me.

"Go ask your future husband he is the culprit, he wants to be wedded as soon as possible what can we do?" she gives me some new information "And Ziyan has challenged me to do the rituals you just wait and watch how I make you wedding the most memorable one" she grins and her mother pars her back feeling proud of her daughter.

With a huff I stand up abandoning the half eaten apple I pick my phone but rush to my room.

Throwing my hijaab off I lay on the bed as I dial Ziyan's number.

"Hello?" His manly yet calm smoothing voice reaches my ears in just two rings, and now I am thinking of what to say. Why did I call him him? Oh wait-I was angry—

"Are you there Ziah?" I mumble a 'yes' and he hums in response "how are you feeling now? Any headache?" The worry in his voice was enough for me to say yes for the marriage even if it is tomorrow but I compose myself, act mature Ziah, act mature. Don't fall for such witch full acts. He did not give women rights here, so he is not as good as he is showing.

"No I am fine now, I just woke up" I speak in a low voice and I myself don't know why I am speaking in whisper "hmm, so you didn't eat?" He questions and I shake my head while playing with my shirt button but quickly slap myself when I realise he can't see my head shake.

"Ate an apple" he hums in response "That's not a good meal for a person who had taken medicine, you'll go and fill your stomach, okay?" I press my lips to not grin at his sweet order but hum in response "hmm okay" he is anti feminist Ziah don't fall for his antics, I remind my weak self again and again.