chapter 1

THIS TAKES PLACE ABOUT 2 MONTHS AFTER THE MOVIE ENDED SO EVERYTHING IS NORMAL-ISH

PLEASE LOOK AT THE INTRO TO UNDERSTAND MORE OF THE CONTEXT

ALSO, IM NOT VERY FLUENT IN SPANISH. I ONLY KNOW A FEW WORDS AND CAN UNDERSTAND SMALL CONVERSATIONS BUT IF I MESS ANYTHING UP OR I MISSPELL SOMETHING, FEEL FREE TO TELL ME. I AM LOOKING TO GROW MORE AND LEARN MORE ANYTIME.

I was just finishing sweeping the floors of the shop when i heard my mother walk in.

"Honey, your shift ended an hour ago, why are you still here?" She asks, sighing and walking behind the counter.

"I didn't even notice. Eh, I'm good, i have art block so i dont have anything better to do. Besides, free labor for you," I say, keeping my eyes focused on a certain part of the ground that wouldnt pick up.

"That's not the issue, you've been here since 6:00AM, it's 12:00PM and you havent taken a break yet. Go, youre done for the day. You should go for a walk... oh! Take Alvaro with you."

"Mom, please i love him but i just want to do this-" i start, but i never get very far when it's mom.

"Non negotiable. You need the fresh air. Go change into something more comfortable and take your brother for a walk, he's been itching to go exploring where we cant see from the house so i need you to watch him."

"I-" I began, but when i saw the look on my moms face i realized it would be better to just do it.

Sighing, i set the broom against the wall and go to the door.

"Love you, Mija," my mother says before i go inside.

"Love you too, mama."

I go inside and pass my brothers in the kitchen on way to my bedroom. Once in, I change out of my work clothes put on a new outfit (however you want it to look we have different tastes), slide on my shoes, grab my satchel, and fix up my hair a little bit. I walk back down the stairs and make my way to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Alvaro asks.

"Well, I was going to go for a walk and explore and i thought about inviting you... but i remembered that you just hate the outdoors..." I began, smirking at my dad then going back to pretending.

"NO! NO I LOVE THE OUTDOORS!" Alvaro yelled. I smiled and turned the doorknob.

"Then you better hurry up, I'm leaving..." I say, slowly opening the door so he can put on his stuff in time.

"Wait! Don't leave without me, I'm just getting me shoes!" He says, running to his room. I turn to Papa as he mouths a quaint, "Thank you, Mija (did I spell that right?)."

Alvaro comes back into the kitchen.  His curly hair is flying everywhere.  If there's anything you know about Alvaro, he's a little trouble maker.  But it's not like you can't say you are... middle child issues can get the better of you sometimes. But this little rascal is on a whole new level.  His hair is big, they say it's full of secrets and bugs (i can confirm that there are definitely no secrets in his hair, can't say the same about the bugs though) but he's good at heart.

We walk out the door and make our way through town.

"Hola Y/N! How are you today?" Señorita Manuela says as we walk past.