chapter 7

NOT MY ART BUT I WASNT ABLE TO FIND THE CREDITS UNFORTUNATELY.

as we near the house, i see victor working in the shop. walking over to him, i ask, "is andres still here or did he leave?"

"he's still here, he's eating some cereal right now," he says, not bothering to look up.

"okay," i say as i walk to the door and hold it open for camilo.

he walks in the house with the goods and says a small thank you for holding the door open. i lead him to the counter and show him where to set his stuff. i look over to my left at Andres, who has just been staring at us the entire time, spoon frozen in motion.

"do you know how much cereal we have left?" i ask, "i can pick some up on my way back tonight if we need some."

"no, there's still around 3/4ths left in this box and i think we have a couple others in the cabinet," he says as i help camilo unload the groceries.

"okay, perfect.   and these can go right here," i say, pointing to the fruit bowl.

"ohhhh," he says, understandingly. we unload the last couple groceries and i tell him to stay there while i take my other bag of art supplies to my room.

Camilo's POV:

well.  this is a little awkward, if i'm being honest.

"so, you and y/n?" he asks, putting a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"no- no, we're just friends.  but, you two?" i ask in response.

"nope, she's like a sister to me."

"oh," i say as she walks back in the room.

Your POV:

as i walk back in the room, it seemed like the tension between them defused a bit. i smile and walk over to camilo.

"so we have a couple hours. Anything we need to do?"

"Nope, im free all day.  Wanna head to mine?"

"Alrighty!" I say as I grab my bag, "We'll see you later," I say to Andres as Camilo and I walk out the door.

"So, you two sure are comfortable together," he says with a coy smile as we walk up the hill.

"I grew up with him, of course I am."

"How come you never realized my family..." he begins as he changes into a couple townspeople and back, "could do stuff like that?"

"I was always friends with Andres and Valentina. Truth is, i moved here from the neighboring town when I was 8.  We never really knew that was happening here, we all thought they were just stories.   I think my family might have grown aware but I never did.  I even tried to go to the gift ceremony for Antonio, but my Abuela became sick so I spent the day with her."

"Oh, im so sorry," he says, stopping and putting a hand on your shoulder.

"It's fine, she's alive and well.  But we had to amputate her leg. She lives in the nursing home now," I say, a sad smile displayed on my face.

Suddenly, camilo's hair was in my face and his arms were wrapped around my back. I hesitate a little, but hug back nonetheless. It was soothing.  All I could think about was the warm scent he gave off.

After a little longer he let go and smiled.

"I'll have to visit her sometime," he says, still holding my shoulders with pitiful eyes.

"Sure, if you want," I say, playing a gentle smile.

We keep walking back to his house, waving at the neighbors and other townsfolk.