chapter 9

HI THIS IS GOING TO BE A LOT SHORTER BECAUSE I HAD A GOOD CONCEPT BUT IT ISNT ONE THAT YOU CAN PUT MUCH BEHIND.

we walk through the town, passing many of the people. 

"Y/n!  Is Alvaro outside?" A little boy asks, running up to me.

"I just saw him in the house a little bit ago so I would check there," I say as we go on our way.

We walk in a confortable silence, passing his house and heading out of town.  We make it up one of the hills and he leads me through the thicket.  We keep walking, ducking under branches and stepping on twigs.

"Ever been out here?" He asks, turning back to me and stopping in front of a thick bush.

"No, not yet," I say, looking around.

"Perfect," he says as he opens a path through the bushes to reveal a hill that shows the entire city. i marvel at the sight and we find a place to sit.

we relax there for a good hour or so, just chatting and sketching. we would momentarily take breaks and he would just watch me draw, asking my random, "how?"s and saying"whoa," and "that looks really cool," as he would lean his head on my shoulder.

after a while, we get our stuff and begin walking to the next destination. it was by the bridge over the river, but further down. the ground there was uneven and slippery. i'm not doing to bad not slipping. i haven't even slid once- "Whoa!" i say, sliding suddenly but maintaining my balance.

"y/n!" he says, turning around to see you frozen, trying to catch your breath from the startle.

"i'm fine, i just slid," i mumble in embarrassment. he walks over towards me and grabs my hands, holding them high as a support.

"You really don't have to," i begin, trying to save him the trouble.

"I would rather you not be hurt at all, so don't worry about it. besides," he says, making glances to our hands with that stupid smirk.

i just scoff and ignore the comment. we keep going all of 1 minute before we're at the destination. it was a beautiful creek with running water over rocks and animals. we find a place to sit and pull out of ur snacks. we eat for a little, cracking jokes and making fun of one another.

After a little bit, i see a frog leap out and land in the perfect spot for a sketch. i quickly pull out my sketchbook and start drawing it.

"i have a favor to ask you," he says as i keep my eyes on the drawing and subject.

"what's up?" i ask, as i begin the details.

"can you teach me how to draw?" he asks, sounding genuine.

"of course," i say, still staying focused.

"wait, really?!" he asks, jolting up in surprise. i finish my drawing a close the book, turning to him with a raised brow.

"yeah, why would i say, 'no?'" i ask, tilting my head with a confused face.

"i just," he begins, looking away towards the creek, "i don't know. but i'm glad you said yes."

i smile and we snack a little bit longer, making small talk. he tells me about his next performances and that he plans to use more songs like he did last time.

"can you sing?" he asks me out of no where.

"kinda, i don't really know. i don't sing in front of others, it's embarrassing," i say, looking away.

"would you want to?" he asks. He tilts his head so i can see it more in my peripheral, his curly hair falling down. oooooh i wanna draw that, i think.