chapter 11

SORRY IF THIS IS A BIT DELAYED, I HAVE SCHOOL AGAIN AND IT'S REALLY TIME CONSUMING CAUSE MY DUMBASS IS SMART AND HAS TO TAKE CLASSES AHEAD OF MY GRADE UGGGH

ALSO, HERE'S THE TEMPLATE FOR THE LIBRARY.

valentina's POV:today has been great so far

valentina's POV:
today has been great so far. i got hang out with my friends, even though i had to work.

i decide to go on my daily walk a bit later than usual today, so it was relaxing. i look at my surroundings, trying to point out who is who and what they're doing. i pass many lawns with flowers from isabela in them and i see a lot of animals by the woods. i near the library when i realize that i haven't spoken to Mr. Diego in a while.

i should check up on him... i think as i get closer to the shop.

as i get closer and closer, i notice that Camilo is inside along with a pile of books. i didn't know he liked to read... i think as i try to focus on him. one of the books from the stack falls, but receives no reaction from camilo. it seemed to turn a couple others towards me. i squint, trying to get a better look at the covers and words, then gasp. they were books i was all too familiar with, books a close friend of mine would rant about on end. The only thing that could truly hold her interest. and he was reading them... for her? i didn't have any proof behind it, but that's what it damn sure looked like. i felt... hurt, to say the least.

was i not enough for him? i think as i stand, staring through the window. no, he wouldn't have said yes. Then why'd she set us up? does she not know? Jeez, i start once i realize what's going on, she's really nice, huh. getting a guy with interest in her to go out with me. i don't deserve him, she does... i think while i start spiraling. she had done so much for me, but i don't want a relationship if it's not completely true..

i hadn't even noticed that there were tears welling in my eyes when i made my final decision, not until i saw it in the reflection of the window. taking a deep breath in, i wipe my eyes and check for any evidence of crying on my face. all clear... i think as i take a deep breath in.

before i can decide against it, i walk into the building abruptly, yet quietly. luckily for me, camilo was too deep in the reading go notice.

"she's really something, huh?" i say, gathering his attention.

he stays silent, just looking at me with confusion. no, more sorrow and melancholy. all he gets in return is a smile.

"she used to try and get me to read these, they're some of her favorites. i had always said no, i didn't want to be seen as as nerd. but in secret, i would sneak over to the library and read them while the others weren't looking. may i?" i ask, gesturing to the book he was reading. he nods in question, sort of gratefully as i take the book and shift it a bit so i can read it. i flip to a page that had a white hyacinth on it.