Chapter 5

IMPORTANT.  FOR THE UNDERSTANDING OF THIS, YOURE GOING TO WANT ANOTHER TAB OPEN IN GOOGLE.  LOOK UP 'Flower Language' AND IT SHOULD BE THE FIRST WEBSITE.  THIS IS GOING TO HELP YOU DECIPHER THINGS LATER ON IN THE STORY.

it's almost midnight when I decide to head back.

"I should probably go," i say as i grab my belongings, "Today was a lot of fun, thank you all so much for it."

"of course.  everyone deserves a break, sweetie," Delores says has she gives me a hug.

"You're not walking back all alone," Alma says, "not at this hour.  Camilo will take you back."

"It's alright, really," i say, not wanting to deal with his insane mentality.

"Oh, but I insist," he says. he grabs his stuff and walks out the door with me.

"So, you and Andres?" he asks with a smirk.  my step falters a bit but i try to play it off.

"No, what gave you that idea?" i ask.

"Oh nothing really.  Just the way you look at him, and how you turned as red as a rose when i brought his name up," he says as he walks in front of me, walking backwards to face me.

"i'm red because of your implications," i say, hiding my face in a desperate attempt to not let him see that he was right.

"i'm sure that's not the only reason.  as for the staring?" he asks, freezing and leaning forward a little bit to be at eye level with me, even though he's only, like, 2 inches taller than me.

I stop walking and face him.  Even if i'm beat red, i'm not going to back down just because some flirty kid is trying to get under my skin.  But damn, i don't have an excuse for that.

"..." i'm thinking rapidly, but no thoughts appear to be a good enough explanation.

"right.  but don't worry, I won't tell.  i'm not a monster," he says as he turns back around and keeps walking

"but you are persistent."

"you're interesting.  you don't just accept things.  you try to make yourself earn them."

"deserving is a matter of working for it."

"deserving is deserving, whether it's something you earned or something you're given."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"You know, there's still something off about you.  i just can't put my finger on it," he says.

"that's good.  i'd rather be a mystery than be figured out.  What's the fun in anything when it can be predicted?"

"you don't realize how predictable you are, do you?" he asks.

"i'm not predictable," i say in defense.

he stops in his tracks and pivots in his heal. he gets really close to my face and smiles. he studies my face completely, but still makes sure to keep his eyes in a tight combine with mine. then, he looks down at my lips and smiles a bit more.  but i was sort of expecting it, so i tried to keep myself from blushing.  while it did help, i was still pretty red.  he leans in and i freeze up.  he moves his head to the side so that his mouth is by my ear.

"are you sure about that?"

i stay silent for a second before i push past him and start walking forward.

"it's really late.  we should get back," i say.

it was only 2 minutes of silence before i decided to change the subject.