C H A P T E R IV

♚𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕♚

♚𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕♚

"You're finally awake," I heard Maria say as I slowly blinked my eyes. I was in a bright room and I had so many wires attached to my body. Hell my nose was even covered by some stupid oxygen mask.

"Where am I?" I asked in a raspy voice as she smiled sadly.

"In the hospital. You had a major blood loss Lorenzo," she sighed heavily as I rolled my eyes. I should have lost all of it.

"Blood loss my fucking foot. I'm fine." I tried to wake up but my arms were restricted by the drips.

"Please calm down Enzo, you have to recover, you're not yet healthy enough to leave." Maria adjusted the pillows and gently pushed me back down. I could see the stitches on my hand, and if anything, I wanted to tell the doctor not to waste his time trying to put me back together.

I was already broken beyond repair. It was clear that I could survive with a broken heart.

"What happened? Have you been taking your meds?" Maria asked in the softest voice she could muster as I let out a breath.

"I don't need them. I told you Mar, I'm fine," I muttered under my breath as she shook her head.

"Mamma mia, you know the doctor said that you're not yet mentally stable. Imagine if Sophia hadn't found you Lorenzo, you were going to die," she held her head in her hands as my heart leaped. I had mixed feelings about her. I still adored her to death but I also partially despised her.

"I'd rather have died." I spoke in the lowest tone possible.

"What was that?" she tilted her head curiously, her eyes daring me to repeat my idiotic sentence again.

"Nothing." I sighed then closed my eyes when the door was opened.

"Mr. Vincento, someone is here to see you," the doctor announced as I kept my eyes shut. I felt a deep and unreasonable hatred towards the doctor for saving me.

"Please excuse him, his not in his best moment." Maria apologized on my behalf as I internally scoffed.

"Mr. Vincento." The female voice made my eyes flutter open. In all her glory was Sophia Marcelo, standing by my bedside. I felt at ease and my mood lightened up when I saw her gorgeous self. She was casually dressed in blue skinny jeans and a white crop top.

"Sophia." I said with no emotion. Even though I was still hung up on her, I wasn't going to potray it. She gave me a guilty look before opening her mouth to speak but closing it again.

"I'm so sorry for what happened to you," she hesitantly spoke, clearly reminiscing a mental image of my head covered in broken glass.

You're really pathetic Lorenzo.

"It's nothing." My blunt tone made her flinch slightly, causing me to immediately hate myself all over again. I never wanted her to be scared of me, I wanted her to let loose and feel free around me. So free to spread her legs wide for me.

"Sorry, it wasn't supposed to come out like that." I sighed as her face softened. She played with her fingers slowly, something she did whenever she wanted to say something but was too nervous to. I knew every single habit of hers from A to Z.

How she bit her nails when something wasn't going right, how she twirled her soft dark hair in her fingers when she was in a good mood. How she'd sit by the balcony and think about life while freely talking to the hard-working ants as well as the colourful ladybugs that couldn't care less about her.

How she'd spend the whole day watching some sappy teenage movies on Netflix and occasionally going downstairs to get herself some food. She loved eating macaroni cheese, doughnuts, pies and chips during those times.

She loved wearing a variety of pastel and neon colors during the weekdays and weekends, her favorite colours being red, black and white. These were just the basics and it was only the minimum introduction to Sophia's behaviours.

"It's fine, even I would have been unhappy if I were in your position," her eyes averted to the heart monitor then back to my stitched face.

"I left my fellow coworkers doing something important, I have to go for a few hours or so but I'll be back. Sophia will keep an eye on you." Maria kissed my forehead before closing the door on her way out.

Silence.

More silence.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Vincento. I just didn't know how to react-" she trailed off as my lips uplifted into a smirk.

"I'm the sorry one. I have no idea what I was thinking when I touched you like that, I was high off my ass," Sophia laughed loudly at my statement. It sounded so beautiful it could be my ringtone.

"It's fine. What happened afterwards? I found you unconscious on the floor," she shuddered slightly while taking a chair and sitting close to me, her immaculate scent causing my mood to lighten up.

"I honestly have no idea." I exhaled through my nose.

Lies.

"Oh, I guess you really were high. But please don't do that again, I was a little traumatized." She shivered again as I gave her a low chuckle.

"I apologize, I won't do it again." I assured her. We'll see about that you sad fucker.

"Good." She nodded.

"I won't touch you like that again too." I added, my ocean orbs staring into her chocolate ones.

More lies.

"Fine." She shrugged with a smile.

Silence.

"So, I brought you some chocolate. My dad told me that you liked the dark, bitter one with mint," she pulled a large, chocolate packet adorned with green and gold from her bag. The exact brand I loved. I just had to make this girl mine.

"Aren't you such a sweetheart? Thank you but I have no appetite," I watched as her face fell slightly.

"Oh come on, it was super hard to find and expensive. I'll even feed you if that's what it takes," Sophia smiled innocently. Sounds great. Wouldn't it be nice to have Sophia Marcelo feed you from her hand after going through a rough patch?

"Fine. Go on then." I couldn't help but smile back. I hated smiling but whenever I was around Sophia, that's all I ever seemed to do. Maybe there was still a little hope for us. Just a little.

________________________________
𝘏𝘦𝘺𝘺 :) ♡
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺?✨