C H A P T E R XXII

♚𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕♚

♚𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕♚

My eyes flung open when I heard Alora's piercing scream from her crib. We had decided to put it in our bedroom so that we could keep a close eye on her and hear her whenever she was crying.

I got out of bed with a small groan, Sophia still flat asleep from exhaustion. Alora was six months old now and one thing she loved, as predicted, was food.

She was always drinking her mother's milk, eating porridge, mashed foods or many flavored yogurts. She'd cry for our food sometimes, which we'd have to mash in order for her to eat.

I turned the lights on and looked down at the innocent face that immediately brightened upon seeing me. She smiled widely, revealing the four small teeth that had developed.

"You're a mischievous little girl aren't you? Waking us up at 4AM," I pulled her out before placing a kiss on her soft cheek. She cooed quietly before pulling both my cheeks like she always did.

"No Alora, that's bad. Don't pull Daddy's cheeks," she giggled when I tickled her gently in order for her to let go.

"Shh. Your mom is still asleep," I opened the door stealthily before slipping out of the room and taking her to the kitchen.

We were still staying in the temporary house and so far our mansion was making great progress. They had built the bottom storey and were working on the top and final one.

We had made a final decision to get married today and I couldn't wait for sunset to arrive. Jenna and our close friend, Christine were going to babysit Alora whilst we went on a brief honeymoon.

She had been a family friend for a year now. She was willing to stay in our house for a few days and take care of Alora.

I placed Alora in her eating chair before preparing some warm milk for her porridge as she babbled enthusiastically while clapping her hands.

Her blue eyes watched my movements as I took her sterilised spoon and sat down in front of her.

"Say ah," I held the spoon up to her lips and she didn't waste time in opening her mouth wide.

"If you finish this then you can have strawberry yogurt, hmm?" She squealed loudly upon hearing the word yogurt and I couldn't help but chuckle.

The more Alora grew up, the more she started to look like me and less like her mother apart from her nose and face shape. People often pointed out the resemblance she had to me.

"Now aren't you a good girl? Do you still want some yogurt?" She screamed much louder after I fed her some water.

"I'll take that as a yes," I took the small carton from the fridge and returned to my chair.

"Open, yes." I smiled when she swallowed the yogurt on time.

"I swear you overfeed the baby Lorenzo," Sophia's laugh echoed in the room as we simultaneously turned our heads to face her.