C H A P T E R XXVIII

♚𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕♚

♚𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕♚

I Don't Do Drugs ~ Doja Cat ft. Ariana Grande

I was awoken by a tiny hand tapping my face. It felt like a dream until I heard the tiny high-pitched squeal.

"Da-Da! Ma-Ma!" I opened my eyes to find Alora sitting in the small gap between our bodies.

It took me a moment to register where I was and what had transpired last night before I panicked and cursed to myself.

"Fuck," I muttered whilst removing my arm from Sophia as quickly as possible and taking Alora before Sophia unconsciously flipped and pushed her onto the floor.

"Language Lorenzo," I heard her lazy voice say as I bit my lip.

"I apologize. How did she even get here?" I questioned whilst giving Alora a kiss. She looked so carefree and delighted to see her parents.

"She crawls a lot. You must have left the door open," Sophia said in an unfazed manner before yawning quietly.

"We need to put something on her, like a little bell, because she could go into dangerous places, she could even tumble down the stairs-"

"Relax Lorenzo, I trained her not to go down the stairs by herself," Sophia sat up slowly before rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"But how did she get onto the bed? I know for a fact that she did not crawl the entire way here," I said in a suspicious voice.

It was a shame Alora barely knew anything about danger or even knew how to speak.

"She's very adventurous Lorenzo, we both know that." She took Alora carefully into her arms before kissing her cheek.

I grabbed the jar of mints and as soon as I popped one into my mouth, Alora crawled out of her mother's laps into mine before attempting to open my lips with her tiny fingers.

"Da-Da, ah," she opened her mouth, waiting for me to put a mint in it.

"We're never going to eat anything in peace," Sophia shook her head as Alora whimpered and hit my chest with harmless force that seemed to be her full strength capacity.

"Okay okay, settle down. You've got to behave yourself, there's yogurt downstairs," I said and she stopped hitting me.

"Yoga!" Her blue eyes lit up.

"Yes. Now get in here and sleep or else no yogurt," I gave Alora a stern look as she quietly crawled up the bed and lay her head on the pillow. Sophia giggled quietly, completely amused by her obidient behavior.

"She's growing up so fast," Sophia sighed heavily as I felt my jaw clench slowly.

"It's sad that I missed out on so many important phases of her life," I muttered whilst stroking Alora's soft black hair. It hadn't taken her much time to fall asleep. That's all she ever did, eat and sleep.