C H A P T E R XXVII

♚𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕♚

♚𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕♚

"Do you want to feed her breakfast, Kylen?" I questioned as I put her in her eating chair. Her mother had bathed and dressed her already.

We had been staying in Christine's house for about another month and the house was already finished. We were already preparing to finally move in.

It had taken approximately two years to get it built and fully furnished and I was proud of myself for having built a place for my family to make memories in.

Only Sophia's portraits and pictures were taken from the old house but I got everything else sold. I wanted to start completely afresh without so much as a spoon from the old place. Even the clothes were laundered and given away.

I smiled as Alora reached for my hand to keep herself entertained while Kylen made her porridge. He had been the one to feed her from the time she returned because he insisted all the time, until he began feeding her himself without our monitoring.

"Good morning Lorenzo," I turned to face Sophia, who was also dressed up for the day.

"Good morning Sophia." I smiled politely before turning back to Alora, who wouldn't stop speaking in her own baby language. She was in an awfully good mood today and I could tell.

Sophia accepted my feelings after a good two weeks of her trying to convince me otherwise. I didn't budge and despite the few moments I thought of giving in, I never did.

I knew deep down that I still loved her, but I wasn't going to let her off without experiencing any sort of emotional pain. Not after what she had done to me.

We talked here and there, mainly about Alora's future or the new house. She had improved in many aspects of her life, she had matured as well but once in a while, she attempted to ask me if I had changed my mind about keeping our marriage chaste and void of any affection.

I had grown to like her little by little, making an effort to get to know her better and she did the same.

There were times when we'd sit in the sun, reading some scriptures and sometimes get sidetracked by silly stories, which resulted in the both of us laughing hysterically. It once got to a point where we nearly kissed but I had turned my head away before it happened.

"Aren't they cute? Like two little best friends," Sophia ruffled Kylen's hair as he smiled widely.

"Yes! She's my best friend." He nodded whilst putting a grape into Alora's open mouth.

"They're adorable," I smiled whilst stroking Alora's soft hair that was starting to grow longer.

She was turning one next month and so far, Sophia and I were planning her party.

"Ky-Ky," she grinned widely before kissing his cheek.

Sophia was always taking millions of pictures of Alora and Kylen because they were always together; be it at the park, in Alora's baby room or in the bathroom whenever Kylen insisted on bathing Alora or spectating. Alora even sat in her baby pram during his basketball session, watching us and squealing whenever Kylen scored.