Chapter 1: First Day Out

Most things were normal about the birth of Y/n, the only irregularity was that he seemed to be staring at something invisible to everyone else. This continued throughout the years, causing his adoptive parents to become worried when they'd awaken to his cries and where they'd find him downstairs. For him to get down there, he would have to escape his crib and make his way down the stairs. Something that is a bit troublesome for his only being a year old. They had to place a heavy metal cover on the crib to ensure that he couldn't get out. At the age of three, he could begin to describe what he sees.

Y/n: It lives in the darkness, it has glowing white eyes with razor-sharp teeth that could chew through anything, claws that tear metal to shreds, and... oh yeah, sometimes he has fire in his hands.

His parents were amazed that he could imagine something so terrifying at such a young age. But, this was the description the creature told him to give, however, it also scared his parents because of the scars they'd found on his arms. The burns and deep cuts were things they had thought of as just accidents from his playtime in his room, which in reality doesn't even contain any sharp objects. It quickly became evident to them that he believed that these injuries weren't caused by himself, more so, he seemed to communicate to the creature.

Father: Son, that sounds like a nightmare, but things like what you described, well, they aren't real you know that, right?

The young boy stood confused as to why his own father wouldn't believe him. Yet, he could see the thing even at this very moment. There was something strange about this though as the creature grabbed his father's shirt and pulled the fabric the shirt was being moved as well.

Y/n: What? Of course, it's weal, he's standing just over there, pulling at your shirt.

They turned their heads only to find nothing there, immediately they had begun to worry about their child and his harmful tendencies. They eventually took him to a psychiatrist, they demanded that Y/n share his hallucinations with her. The therapist listened and knew what needed to be done. The boy was brought to a mental ward and given medication to help with these hallucinations. The hallucinations only got worse from there though.

Six Years Later...

Therapist: Alright, you're free to go. You haven't had any psychotic episodes in a long enough time. Congratulations on your treatment.

Y/n: Thanks, so where are my parents?

Therapist: They uh...

Y/n: They gave up on me... didn't they?

Therapist: I'm sorry.

Y/n: No... no, it's fine.

I grabbed my possessions, including the clothing she bought me. Thinking about my parents had now brought a horrible feeling to my mind. I trekked along the streets aimlessly until walking past someone throwing away some food.

Man: Damn it, they messed up my order I said no pickles! Now I have to throw my whole meal away and order a new one.

Hearing this I slinked over to the dumpster and grabbed his bag with a whole meal inside. I began to salivate from the warm smell that entered my senses. The mind-numbing sensation led me away from reality.

Y/n: Such a waste, didn't even eat his fries. Well, more for me. Isn't that right Shadow?

Shadow: *Growls*

Y/n: I know, we should keep moving, but come on it is a free meal after all.

I hadn't noticed that a blue-haired girl around my age had approached me while I was eating in pure bliss. I swallowed that previous bite and brought my clean hand out for her to shake. She looked down at me as my other hand brought the food closer to my mouth. I stopped just before taking a bite. I moved my hand up and down causing her to realize what I was asking for. She finally went to shake my hand.