Chapter 9: I'm No Hero

Four Hours Later...

Dahlia woke up from her nap first, she sat up with a start from a bad dream. She glanced around the room before her eyes landed on me resting peacefully. She walked over and nudged me over causing me to fall onto my side.

Y/n: Whoever's there give me a few minutes before you rob me would you?

However, another nudge caused me to sit up and find Dahlia standing over me. I slowly made my way up as my arms and legs were stiff from my nap. I stretched before grabbing my sweatshirt and pulling it over my head.

Y/n: Hey, what's up?

Dahlia: I want to go exploring. Get into some trouble maybe.

Y/n: Yeah, I wasn't much older than you when I started doing this stuff. Let's go see the bridge along the way.

Dahlia: Yay!

I laughed before grabbing her hand and walking with her around Zaun, we entered shops looking for new clothes. She seemed unimpressed by the workmanship put into them. I walked over to her and assured her that they were supposed to have some holes in them. It makes you feel unique. She began to understand, so we ended up buying a couple of outfits. I didn't realize having a sister would be so expensive.

When the receipt came I groaned at the price but the smile on her face found its way onto my own. I rolled my eyes while handing over my money to the cashier. We walked through the streets with my face on posters around the city. I looked over to Dahlia and we made a run toward the entrance to Piltover.

Dahlia: W-wait! Why are we running?

Y/n: Th-there's a restaurant I want to try up in Piltover.

Even here there were posters. She looked over to one and realized why we were in such a rush to get there. Her face showed pure terror as she put my face to the name Shadow. She ran away from me, I chased after her before seeing a bright light being shone.

Enforcer: Halt!

I froze still, but soon realized they weren't talking to us. I leaned to the side and found Caitlyn and Ekko being stopped. When I saw that she was on the side of the bridge hiding from both me and the enforcers, she seemed to be safe for the moment, so, I turned around pulling up my hood as the shadows around me were pulled toward my face creating a solid mask. Vi making her way toward the two on the bridge as well.

Enforcer: I told you to leave this alone.

Y/n: You know, five against two isn't very fair.

Caitlyn: What are you doing?

Y/n: Evening the odds.

With that two figures emerged from me their forms glitching just like the previous smoke creature. I smiled at them before placing my hand out. My hand began to turn grey as fire covered my hand before funneling across five yards. Not enough to burn any of them, but more so being used as a scare tactic.

I walked through the flames without issue, scaring them further. I grabbed one of them by the collar. I didn't even notice it until I saw something land on his shoulder. Jinx is using her butterfly bombs. I rushed over to Vi and Caitlyn to try and get them out of the way but I was too late.

Next thing I know I'm in line for the afterlife, checking my watch every so often. Until five minutes go by and I'm back in my body but it was only five seconds in real-time. I pushed myself onto all fours while my head spun.

Y/n: I hate dying... Dhalia!

I didn't have time to check on Vi or Ekko, right now my mind is only focused on one person. I needed to make sure that she was okay. I found her under the bridge just barely hanging on to life. I lifted her up and sank us into the ground to travel using the shadows. I dropped her off at home and gave her a few drops of my blood since that seemed to heal Vi earlier.