Chapter 8: Family Reunion

For the first time in a very long time, I walked through the streets of Piltover without the worry of being arrested on the spot. At least, until I reach their house, I know it's not much, but I hope they'll somehow cheer me up. It's not much hope, mind you, but even if they hate me forever, I'll see them again. Even just one more time.

Yet, when I arrived I found a girl outside their home staring at something. She sort of reminded me of a younger version of myself, aside from the dark hair and (e/c) eyes. She spotted me and approached with a nervous look in her eyes. I was surprised by her courage but decided to give my best attempt at a comforting smile, even though the dark circles of sleepless nights around my eyes didn't help much.

Girl: Can you help me? I lost my ball. It's on the roof of my house and I can't get up there.

Y/n: Sure, I'll do what I can.

My heart pounded like crazy and my mind raced around all of the possibilities of what she could be to my parents and perhaps even to myself, yet only one made complete sense. She grabbed my hand and led me over to my parent's house and tried to jump and climb onto the roof but clearly wasn't anywhere close. After three tries she looked over at me, finding me laughing at her attempts.

Girl: See, I told you, I can't reach it.

Y/n: Okay, I'll get it but first close your eyes, and count to three.

She covered her eyes and began counting while I reached out a hand, the shadows formed a hand that threw the ball before she got down to three. She opened her eyes finding the ball in my hands. Instantly, a wide grin appeared on her face.

Girl: Woah, thank you, mister. How'd you get it so fast anyway?

Y/n: It's no problem at all, but a magician never reveals his secrets. Though, you should be more careful to not get it stuck on the roof again.

She nodded before running off and laughing while playing once again. I looked over to the front door and found a familiar face. She seemed annoyed by my presence, even though I had just helped her daughter.

Redina: Y/n? What are you doing here?

I walked over to avoid having the girl overhear our discussion. I got within four feet of her and saw that she was frightened of me. I nearly reached my hand out to calm her but realized that would only scare her more.

Y/n: I came to see you, actually. I decided it was time. I wanted to know why you left me there... why you abandoned me, why I wasn't worth saving in your eyes.

Redina: Y/n, what do you mean? I didn't abandon you, they told us that you never wanted to see us again. We respected your decision.

Y/n: I never said that though. I wonder why they told you that.

Redina: What? You never wanted us to leave you? Should we talk to them or something?

Y/n: That's not necessary really. All I need right now is a little comfort, I'm kind of in a dark place right now. Yet, at the same time, this is the most whole I've felt in... a very long time.

Redina: S-sure. Whatever you need, just don't tell your father. He won't understand, he hasn't talked about you in years, and he fully believes what they told us.

Y/n: I don't care about what he has to say. Not anymore, I came here fully expecting some conflict.

Girl: Mom, why are you talking to him for so long?

Redina: Dahlia, this is your older brother, Y/n.

Dahlia: I have a brother? How come I'm just now finding out about him?