Chapter 3: Seperation

Mylo: Well, if the enforcers hit tonight, we'll be ready.

Claggor: Dibs on the bat.

Mylo: No, no, no, no. I found it.

Claggor: But I called it.

Vi rushed down the stairs, panicked. Powder hugged her seemingly relieved by her sister's return. Though something seemed to be troubling the pink-haired girl. Something bad.

Powder: Vi, you're back.

Y/n: Why wouldn't she be back?

Vi: Benzo's dead.

Y/n: Dead? Benzo?

Vi: They took Vander.

Mylo: Who took Vander?

Y/n: Who's Benzo?

Vi: I don't know who took Vander. But I need to help him.

Mylo: We're going with you.

Y/n: Oh, yeah that's fine ignore my question then, no worries.

I went over and grabbed my stuff before feeling a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw Vi. Finally, something to confirm my existence today. But I paid extra attention because this seemed important.

Vi: Powder, Y/n, I need you both to sit this one out.

Powder & Y/n: What?

Y/n: Jinx, you owe me a soda.

Vi: You're not coming.

Powder: I'm not afraid.

Vi: It's too dangerous. You're all I have left, I can't lose you. If they come for you take this and run. Wherever you are light it up and I'll find you. I promise.

She gave Powder some strange object while I still waited for a response or something to confirm my very existence again.

Vi: Y/n, keep her safe.

Y/n: I said you owe me a soda... nothing? Fine, whatever, I'll stay here.

I went over to Powder and comforted her, it wasn't long before she began to break down into tears. I grabbed her bag and took out one of the crystals.

Y/n: Here, maybe this will help you feel better.

She grabbed the crystal from my hand, studying it closely. Then an expression of realization grew on her face.

Powder: I can help them.

She then took my hand and pulled me along. We walked until finding a large warehouse. We quickly began climbing its wooden walls.

Y/n: Powder, are you sure they're...

The sounds of fighting inside caused me to pause. I looked up at Powder and saw a smug smirk on her face.

Y/n: ...Fine, you were right. They're in there.

Powder: I can see them, there's an open window up here.

Y/n: Great, I'm almost there. Wait for me.

Powder: Vi.

I had just reached the window when some... thing, had grabbed Vi by the throat. I watched as Vi was tossed to the ground. Vi crawled to safety and closed the heavy metal door blocking it from access. Powder placed a crystal inside of the cymbal monkey.

Powder: You have to work. For me. Okay?

She let it loose and watched as it waddled its way over to the thing. Yet something clicked in my head just as it was getting close.