Chapter 7: Mending Process

It's strange, everyone down here has been on edge lately. My guess, is Silco found out about Vi and Caitlyn. Of course, Jinx and myself have been left out of the loop for... obvious reasons. She decided to check out a diner for answers as to why everyone seems to be dodging her. The door swung open and she rushed inside while I sat at the counter without saying a word until another person's voice startled him.

Jinx: Chuck!

Thieram: Thieram, my name's Thieram.

Jinx: Nice try, Chuck. What's all the hubbub?

Thieram: Boss wants us to grab someone.

Jinx: Someone? Anyone? Who are you grabbing?

Thieram: Girls... I mean, I'm not grabbing girls. Other than uh, those ones, I guess.

Jinx: Focus. Who are they? Why wasn't I invited to the party?

Theiram: I-I don't know. They got into a fight with Sevika and did a number on her.

Jinx: Really which number?

Theiram: It's like a saying.

Jinx: You're doing great Chuck, here for your troubles.

I watched her place one of her devices onto his back, the one that self-destructs with paint. I rolled my eyes and placed a few coins on the counter while walking outside with a cup of coffee. Outside the diner, Jinx wrapped an arm around the back of my neck and brought me forward until we were at eye level.

Jinx: Come on, Shadow aren't you suppose to be my partner in crime? You're supposed to back me up, not sit quietly while I talk.

Y/n: No, I'm supposed to be your thief, well, Silco's thief.

Jinx: Oh, then why are you following me around everywhere I go?

There was a moment of silence as I tried to come up with a reason, but not even I understood the answer to that. Yet, I settled on something from a long time ago.

Y/n: Someone that we both used to know asked me to make sure that you're safe.

Jinx: Him again, why does everything with you always lead back to him? I thought you were doing it because you...

She stopped herself from finishing that sentence, I looked at her curious as to the rest of it. However, upon seeing the embarrassed expression on her face I nearly spit out my coffee as the realization of what she was going to say had finally hit.

Y/n: *choking*

Jinx: Wh-what's going on? Are you okay?

She quickly turned and began helping me clear my airways. I had to tear the rest of my mask from my face to ensure that nothing gets into it. Some people walked by likely mistaking me for some day drunk, throwing up in an alley. After a couple of seconds, I managed to get it out of my system.

Y/n: Thanks, *cough* anyway, you were saying?

Jinx: I- it's not important.

This was the second time that she had seen me with my mask off recently. She seemed more curious now though like I was getting more familiar by the minute. I decided to give another hint regarding my true identity.

Y/n: I'm sure it was. But whoever you're thinking of never asked me to watch after you. Oh right, sorry I've got some business to tend to catch you later, yeah?

Jinx: Sure, bye.

I took my leave, after all, I've been tracking Vi and Caitlyn as well. Though I'm sure that I'll be in major trouble if Silco ever finds out, what he doesn't know can't hurt him... yet. I arrived to find Vi with a pretty bad wound, but it turns out I'm not the only one keeping tabs. I found a man in a bird-like mask watching them too.