Chapter 6: Reconnecting

Y/n: Why didn't that work?! She should be dead!

Jinx: I know! Stop shouting at me!

Y/n: Myl-

I stopped myself before finishing that name. Instead, I looked at her and saw that girl that I used to know. I gave a small smile, before remembering that, according to my loss of memories, she had abandoned me.

Y/n: My fault, it was my fault to let you talk me into this, it won't happen again.

I tried to walk away from her, just put some space between us, but she pulled me back in.

Jinx: You don't like me very much do you? Why is that?

Y/n: Some people that I cared deeply about abandoned me, they left me behind, and I woke up in a place that wasn't meant for any kid. Piltover Asylum.

Jinx: No way! I knew a guy there, he... h-he, um, died a few years ago though.

Y/n: Are you... crying?

Jinx: He, uh, meant a lot to me y'know? Not that we knew each other that long but... I've had family, but never had anyone interested in something I liked until he started tinkering with me.

A once vague memory, now replayed in my head crystal clear. I remember that day, it was the day when I built my first gadget.

Jinx: Did you know him or something?

Y/n: I knew him, he told me that you and your sister were the reasons for his capture.

She wrapped her arms around herself, seemingly annoyed by that statement before taking my hand and looking at where my eyes should have been. For the first time in five years, I'm starting to wonder if I was wrong about that, what if they didn't mean to abandon me after all?

Jinx: Can I show you something? Something I've never shown anyone. Not even Silco.

Y/n: I- um, sure. Why not?

Jinx: Great!

She dragged me into her room where we descended onto a giant propeller. With a carousel on one of the blades. The other had a couch and in the middle was a workspace. She grabbed a box labeled Y/n L/n and handed it to me. Inside I found tons of letters, yet, I can't remember any of them. Not even the ones that I wrote.

Jinx got to work on something else with her music blasting. Silco soon arrived and stopped the music. I finished reading the last letter and put it back in the box. As I read them, I remembered how I felt reading them. For the first time in the last four years, I didn't feel like I'd been abandoned. Yet, I also remembered that Vander, Claggor, and Mylo are dead. Vi is locked up in who knows where, but I don't think Jinx knows that since Vi's letters aren't in here.

Silco: Jinx!

Jinx: That's me!

Silco: Half a dozen enforcers, dead. Enforcers. Dead.

Jinx: Yeah...

Silco: A building blown to pieces.

Jinx: Oh yeah.

Silco: Do you have any idea what you've done?

Jinx: Actually I do. We brought something top-of-the-line.

Y/n: And here it is.

She pulled out a blue orb, the newest product of Hextech. Giving it to him before activating the firework launcher.

Jinx: Happy Progress Day!

She walked through the colorful rain of embers.

Y/n: She looks so badass right now. I'll admit she has some style.