Chapter 5: Infamous

Four Years Later...

I tore down another wanted poster for The Shadow. The name has been getting more traction over the years. Today, however, I was preparing for another score, and a cargo ship was set to arrive. I watched as it docked, I jumped down from my vantage point and hit the ground with a soft thud. I was about to move in when people on hoverboards arrived.

Shadow: Damn it, what are the Firelights doing here?! This is supposed to be my score, not theirs!

Y/n: I know, I'll get the stuff and head out don't worry.

I looked behind a crate and discovered that they hadn't noticed me yet. I watched as they subdued everyone else.

Firelight Leader: We have five minutes till they're out of there.

Firelight #1: I thought I heard someone earlier.

Firelight #2: Nah, you're probably just hearing things. But, have you ever even seen this much Shimmer before?

Firelight Leader: They're expanding. Burn it all.

They went downstairs, and I followed them down disguised as one of them. The lid shut revealing the glow-in-the-dark paint with the image of a monkey on it.

Lieutenant: Oh no, she's here.

One of them tossed their flare over and saw a swing still going. On the bottom was the word; BOOM

I knew what that meant, Jinx is here. I ran for the exit and ducked behind some barrels removing my outfit and quickly stripping back down to my sweatshirt and jeans. Who knew wearing something over a sweatshirt would make you twice as hot? I checked behind the corner and saw the bombs ticking. An explosion following not far behind. I covered myself in the smoke and waited for the lid to open again. Once it did, she climbed out not even noticing me. She walked through the smoke from inside and into their view.

Jinx: Hi.

She pulled out two gadgets and pulled the pins tossing them at two Firelights as they chomped repeatedly, before exploding. The leader tossed two more of those crystalizing bombs. She knocked out another one by stomping on their head.

One of the Firelights was about to drop a flare into the Shimmer, Jinx went over and grabbed their arm before they could and smacked their helmet off. It was a girl with pink hair, just like her sister.

Jinx: Vi?

She stayed frozen still while I climbed out. They dropped the flare setting everything on fire.

Y/n: No! The drugs!

I ran over just as Jinx shot the pink-haired one down. The leader went to check on his fallen teammate. He then rushed toward Jinx. So, she pulled out a minigun and started firing at him as he escaped on his hoverboard.

???: You were supposed to guard the cargo.

I heard her getting lectured, so I hid behind a crate before climbing over the ledge and bringing out my claws to climb under the walkway. Only coming topside once I was sure no one was watching.

I walked through the underground, heading back home. It used to be Vander's bar, then rubble, and now it's Silco's establishment. I stop by here every now and then, but today I have a job opportunity.

Y/n: Hey, I'm here so what's up?

???: She fired on us.

Y/n: I'll wait.

Silco: There are always mishaps in battle. The Firelights were her target and most are dead.

???: It wasn't a mishap, she froze up and lost her shit. I could have handled those brats. She's a problem and we all know it.