Chapter 13: Moving On

No One's POV

The sound of alarm bells sent the guards into a frenzy, Piltover's Bank had just been robbed. Caitlyn, Vi, and their team of enforcers are now looking at the scene, but the only evidence that anyone was there was the human shape burned into the wall. A calling card that has been appearing more frequently in the last nine months.

"The Shadow was here. Men spread out to search for any other signs of the culprit." 

However, watching all of this happening is Y/n, sitting on top of a nearby roof. He carried his loot into a warehouse. The hole that he had emerged from in the middle of the vault was also used to transport the majority of his prize. But the two bags with a small stack of cash were the last steps of his plan. He left the money there for the moment, he would have said that it was the bait, but in truth, it was the trail of lessened goods that had brought the lovely couple and their enforcers to the warehouse. Meanwhile, he saw Jinx also witnessing the scene below.

"This is what I think of your war."

Caitlyn, Vi, and Jinx could only watch with sour expressions on their faces as the money was burnt up. The money from Piltover and Zaun's banks was destroyed. He walked away from the scene, eventually coming to a bar. 

"What'll it be?"

"How about a bottle of your finest vodka?"

The bartender was about to ask for payment but was quickly silenced by the hundreds in front of him. He handed the bottle over, leaving Y/n to kick his feet onto the barstool in front of him as he gave himself a little taste of the bottle's contents. In the meantime, the bartender had reached behind himself causing Y/n to glance from the corner of his eye and flick his wrist tossing a small blade into the bartender's hand pinning it against the wall. Y/n waited for his cry of agony to end so that he could speak without interruption.

"Listen, if Jinx wants me that badly, tell her she can find me up shit creek and to the left."

"Screw you! She'll make you pay for this!"

He likely wanted to see Y/n get upset by this response, but instead, a smile was presented to him. The bottle went vertical as the liquid drained into him. He brought his hand back down with a sigh.

"Real scared big guy. I think I'll leave you here to think about what you were about to do."

He stood up from his seat, took a few steps back, and immediately bumped into someone else. However, that doesn't mean that he had turned to face them.

"Sorry about that."

Y/n was about to continue walking before feeling a hand grab his shoulder and turn him around with a fist coming toward his face. He didn't have enough time to move out of the way before getting struck, he fell back clutching his nose. The broken bottle now spreading the contents on the ground.

"The hell was that for?"

He looked up seeing Jinx, obviously angered at the sight of him. At the sight of Jinx, he had simply stood up and brushed himself off, before offering his hand to shake. This appeared to confuse her so he moved his hand up and down causing her to realize what he was asking for. She smacked his face instead.

"Fair enough."

He didn't retaliate, instead walking away from her. There was a moment of confusion in her mind before pursuing him, not finished with their conversation if you could call it that. But she didn't even know what she was going to say to him. She was trying to come up with something, before realizing that he had led her deeper into darkness. I snapped my fingers creating a small flame to see the denizens of the darkest parts of Zaun, somewhere the light doesn't reach. The Shimmer addicts flee away from the smallest amount of light being shed on them. Jinx looked around her, it terrified her to see this part of Zaun.