Chapter 2

That night, both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan looked at the soulmate mark on their hand.

'Soulmate huh? I can't believe that stoic, emotionless Lan er gongzi is my soulmate. Well this will be fun,' Wei Ying have on a mischievous smile, "Lan er gongzi, I will help you loosing up that stoic and emotionless face of your. You need to have fun for once and breaking your own clan rule. Who follow rule that turn you into a stone cold person," with that last saying Wei Ying fell asleep with many mischievous thing going through his mind.

Jingshi

'I can't believe that rude, rule breaker, annoying and trouble maker is my soulmate. Why him? I don't want that Wei Wuxian as my soulmate, he is not good for me, never will. Maybe, if he doesn't annoy me then I don't have to interact with him. If he does then, I will give him my cold glare. That's what I do to people who try to talk to me, no need to think about it,' with that last though Lan Zhan fell asleep.

The next morning Wei Ying realize that it was the start of the lecture, "Oh no, class is about to begin!" He got up, grabbed his sword and rush out of his room and toward the Orchid room where the class are being held.

Wei Ying arrive just in time, he went to his seat behind Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng turn around to ask Wei Ying, "Where were you last night? How did you get in?"

"I will tell you later," Wei Ying whisper back to Jiang Cheng.

Wei Ying soon smell a familiar scent, he turn around to see Lan Zhan walking into the room. Wei Ying grin as he waved at Lan Zhan who just ignore him as he walk to,his sits which is at the front.

"Tch, how cold," 'that will change soon," Wei Ying look to the front, he see Lan Qiren arrive as he sat down on his chair. Everyone stand up, they all step out to stand next to their table. The Lan disciple with the scroll in his hand begin to read from it.

After that Lan disciple finish reading, he call for the first clan to step up to present their gift to Lan Qiren. The first one to go is Jin Zixuan from the Jin clan. Then it was Nie Huaisang turn, last is the Jiang clan Jiang Cheng.

While Jiang Cheng greeted Lan Qiren a voice interrupted him, "I didn't know that Cloud Recesse is this hard to get it." Jiang Cheng is annoyed by Wen Chao interrupted him.

"I didn't know Wen gongzi came to our guest lecture. Over year, the Wen never accepted our invitation, why have Wen gongzi came today?" Lan Xichen asked Wen Chao.

"Don't get me wrong, I am not here for a lecture. I am only here to escorting someone here. Beside, the Wen clan is the one who educated the other. We don't need to get a lecture from you," Wen Chao put a smirk on his face.

From the other side of the room, Wei Ying see Lan Zhan moving forward, 'Lan Zhan, what are you doing?! Are you trying to get yourself kill?!' Wei Ying shouted in his head. He soon see Lan Zhan looked at his brother who shook his head no, telling him not to cause any trouble.

Wei Ying decide to speak up, the thing he said cause Wen Chao to get angry. His disciple pointed their sword at the Jiang clan and the Jiang clan did the same.

When Lan Qiren see this, he look up at Lan Xichen. He play on his xiao, both side sword left their hand and we up to the roof.

Lan Xichen step down from where he is standing, "Wen gongzi, today is the start of Cloud Recesse ceremony day. I hope that Wen gongzi could restrain yourself," what Lan Xichen said made Wen Chao angry, just when he is about to say something else, a girl from behind Wen Chao step up.

She bow to Lan Xichen and then to Lan Qiren. "My name is Wen Qing, I am from Qishan Wen clan. I am ordered by Xiandu to attend lecture here in Cloud Recesse. I, Wen Qing and my little brother, Wen Ning is our first time here in cloud Recesse and we are not familiar with the Lan clan rule. I hope that Sect leader Lan and Master Lan can forgive us."