Chapter 17

In the cave Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng got into a big argument over Wen Ning. Jiang Cheng doesn't believe that Wei Ying can bring back Wen Ning conscience. Jiang Cheng even want to kill Wen Ning right there, Wei Ying stop Jiang Cheng sword from coming out from it scabbard.

(Gonna skip over a few thing)
Something Jiang Cheng said make Wei Ying very angry, "Wei Wuxian come back with me and return all of these people."

Wei Ying let out a chuckle, "Your joking right? Return Wen Qing and the other. If I return them back, it will only be death for them!"

"Wei Wuxian are you even listen to yourself! Why do you care what happen to them?!"

"Jiang Cheng! Are you even listen to yourself as well! Take it all back! Don't force me to whip you! Have you already forgotten?! Who help us out when we got no one?! It Wen Ning was the one who help us get back Jiang shushu and Madam Yu bodies. He was the one who help us return the ash that are now in Lotus Cove! Wen Ning is the one who help save us when Wen Chao is chasing us! Have you already forgotten how much they did for us! For you and Shijie!"

Jiang Cheng still going against Wei Ying, he still doesn't understand why Wei Ying want to save the Wen remnant so much. He even tell Wei Ying that if he side with them, then he can't speak up for him.

"Then I don't want anyone to speak up for me."

"Why are you so stubborn? If you won't do it then I will. Move aside," Jiang Cheng took out his sword, when he is about to attack Wen Ning Wei Ying stop Jiang Cheng with his bare hand.  Jiang Cheng push Wei Ying away, he then use Zidian on Wen Ning it didn't do anything but float above him.

Thing between Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying isn't going so well right now. Many sect have their eye on Wei Ying mystery object, they see him as a hero, think he taken a crooked path, Jiang Cheng can't do anything to help Wei Ying because he is protecting the Wen from other clan.

"Wei Wuxian if you continue to protect them, then I can no longer protect you."

"Then there is no need to protect me. Just give it up. Tell the whole world that you have defected me from the Jiang clan. That from now on, what I, Wei Wuxian do got nothing to do with Yunmeng Jiang Sect anymore."

"Let me ask you this Wei Wuxian. Why are you doing this?"

"I will tell you the truth, Jiang Cheng. Even if it wasn't Wen Qing and Wen Ning who help us but someone else, I will do the same thing."

"Wei Wuxian, do you have a hero complex? You will die if you don't cause any trouble?"

Wei Ying just stay silent, "'To Attempt The Impossible' you understand the Jiang Sect motto better then I do. You all do. Then let's have a dual," after saying that Jiang Cheng left the cave and the burial mound.

Three days later there is a dual between Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying. The fight between the two was quite a big one. After the dual Jiang Cheng announced to everyone to hear that Jiang Cheng has defected Wei Ying from the Jiang clan and that whatever Wei Ying did got nothing to do with the Yunmeng Jiang Sect clan. Wei Ying got stabbed by Jiang Cheng on his left while Jiang Cheng has a broken arm.

One month later

Lan Zhan went to Yiling to see if he run into Wei Ying or not, for now he is in a tea house taking a break from a long walk from Gusu to Yiling. While sitting in the tea house, Lan Zhan is getting angry by the minute. He is listen to an old man telling story about Wei Ying, everything he said is all a lie.

'How dare they make up lies about Wei Ying like this?' The more Lan Zhan listen the more he get angry. He slammed the cup down with a loud thud, everyone in front turn to look at Lan Zhan, he gave the story teller a cold glare as he put the money on the table and then walk out of there.