Chapter 3

Ansh could not sleep that night. He lay awake in sadness. He was heartbroken that his love has to end before it even started. He had no idea even how would he manage to not feel what he feels for Roli because that came to him as natural as it could. And he has been feeling this way for quite a while.

When they reached the college the next day, the preparations for the college festival were already going on in full swing. Rithvik excused himself to go to the union room for the fest preparations.

After the first two hours of class, Rithvik dropped down beside Ansh. "You won't believe what happened," he started with his usual laugh and happy air. But Ansh did not look up from the notes he was going through. "Ansh.... You listening?" Rithvik asked. But Ansh just got up from his place. "Where are you going?"

"I will sit somewhere else."

"Huh? Why?"

"Because I am not in the mood to talk to you."

Rithvik was surprised because this has never happened between them before. "Is this because.... Yesterday..."

"Yes," Ansh said moving away.

"So what? You would not speak to me at all ever again...."

"No. I will... But I need time. And I believe I have the right to hold grudge against you for one day." His tone was cold. He moved away, As Rithvik was beginning to feel a bit guilty about his actions last night. But he was not guilty enough to change his stand. "You will at least come for Varun Bhai's birthday party, right?" He called out to which Ansh did not reply.

So Rithvik ended up going to Varun's party on his own. It was a boring party and he was sitting in a corner with a bottle of coke when he noticed Dhun. She appeared lost but then she noticed Rithvik and came to sit down beside him.

"Hey..." she said.

"Hey..." Rithvik said in a sad tone, as he was in a down mood.

"You are alone? Where is Ansh."

"We had a fight," He put the coke bottle on the table.

"Oh, what about...?"

"Nothing.... Just." He did not feel like sharing it with Dhun. "I am so fu*king bored...." He yawned.

"Do you want to play a game?" Dhun suddenly asked. "Like old times...."

"Game?"

So they sat and played a game of name-place-thing-animal verbally. Where each took turns to say the names. "Animal starting with W...." Dhun started. "Wombat."

"Huh? What is that?"

"There is an animal named Wombat. W-O-M-B-A-T." She said. "Search."

Rithvik searched on his mobile to find out the animal. "Huh! It's kind of cute, huh?"

"Yeah. By the way, you know, I always wanted to defeat you at this game." She grinned.

"Impossible. I am good at everything." He said. Just then Dhun's mobile rang. She took the call. It was her dad. "Yeah, papa. No, I won't be too late. I am coming home.... Okay."

She hung up. "I need to go."

"Like right now?"

"Yeah...."

"Cool. I will drop you home then. I was planning to go anyway."

"Oh... thanks...."