Chapter 21

"Are you sure he saw it?" Ansh asked Dhun was they were having some street food that night.

"Yeah," She was positive.

"And he was not in college after that. He did not come to class."

Dhun looked really tense.

"Hey, Relax...Relax." Ansh consoled her. "Just a tattoo. Just tell a lie. I mean, that 'R' doesn't need to mean 'Rithvik'."

"Ansh, you know I am a terrible liar. What if he asks its meaning?"

"Relax. Let's think of something... Hm... what is your mom's name? She passed away. Tell him it symbolizes her."

"Her name is 'Ganga'. There is no 'R' in it."

"Not even in her second name?"

"No."

"Hey, Dhun Mathur. Mathur ends with an 'R'. Say that's the R."

"That does not even make any sense. And will that work?"

"Relax, Dhun. It's just a tattoo of a letter. Nothing is going to come down because of that. We already have saved him. Now he is safe and sound."

But she still looked nervous. So Ansh put a hand around her shoulder. "Relax. Maximum what will ha? He will make fun of you for having his name's first letter as a tattoo. I know him; that is exactly what he is going to do."

She nodded. "So relax, okay." He rubbed her shoulder. She calmed down.

The next day Rithvik was reluctant to go to college. He was having inappropriate dreams and visions about his best friend's girlfriend. With his ideology that is extremely wrong. He hated himself for it. But he could not just hide in his house. So he went to college.

When Rithvik was walking in the corridor, he saw Dhun. He paused. He did not know what to say or do. He greeted her with a hesitant smile.

"Good morning," He told her.

"Hey," Dhun was polite as well.

He looked down at her hand. She had not tied a handkerchief that day. She looked down and saw him looking. "Okay, promise me you won't make fun of me."

"Why do have a tattoo of the letter 'R'?"

But Dhun acted confused. "Huh? It's not, 'R'. It's like D and A. Like connected. See" She held her hand up. In her tattoo, now she had drawn a line between the bottom lines of R, making it a D and a bit slanting diagonal A that is connected to the end of D. Rith's eyes go a bit sharp on that.

"It was clearly an 'R' yesterday," Rithvik said.

"No. It's not. You may have not seen it properly."

Rith looked up at her, clearly not believing her at all. " Why would I have an 'R' on my hand?" Dhun laughed, "It's clearly D and A. For Dhun and Ansh."

"Really? Then when did you get this tattoo? You had it before you guys got together, right? I remember you had been wearing the handkerchief for a while."

"Of course. That's why I hid it under the handkerchief." She said stuttering, trying to come up with lies, "Be-because I got it even before Ansh I got together, and it was really embarrassing if Ansh sees it, or people see it."

"You got it even before you guys got together? What if you guys had not got together?"

"I liked him okay... And I was being mad. That's it, end of discussion. Why am I being interrogated by you on this? It's my hand. My tattoo. Why do you care?" She sneered.