Chapter 26

Dhun woke up and opened her eyes. She was hazy for a second and then jumped up. She was in her room. She turned around to find her mobile phone.

She got up and ran down out of her apartment building. Rithvik was waiting for her outside near his bike. And he smiled at her and wave.

They had come back to the Sunday that Rithvik died.

There was that blotched 'D' on Rithvik's wrist. And he was looking at Dhun with relief and a lot of love. She ran to him looking confused. She stopped in front of him, not taking her eyes off his face. He was smiling at her. And he took her into a hug. A tight hug. "Now everything feels right."

Dhun was thinking back and trying to put every piece together. Rithvik ruffled her hair, "It feels so nice that you are my girlfriend again, you know. It's a really small thing. But..." Dhun pushed him away from her, forcefully.

"Ouch... Dhun!!?" he called.

Dhun was looking at him with fierce eyes. "What did you do?"

"Huh!"

"You really brought us back?" She sounded scared.

"You remember that?" He smiled.

"How could you?" She was angry.

"Hey, you said... I asked you. You nodded."

"Shut up! I didn't know we could really. I mean... How in the world is this possible???"

Rithvik shook his head. "I don't know. It's pretty incredible, right? We are back to the original timeline. Can you believe it, Dhun? I am so happy. Nothing is complicated here. You are my girlfriend here. Since always. And Ansh was never between us."

"Is that what's important now???" Dhun asked, angrily.

Rithvik's smile faded. "Eh...I know".

Dhun crossed her hand and looked at him with really hurt strict angry eyes. "You 'know'. And that is all??"

"Dhun..."

"No. Shut up..."

"Dhun... Listen to me"

"Shut up. You don't get to talk after what you have done. You know how much work I did...? What all I went through."

Rithvik sighed and looked away... Dhun moved a hand through her hair and just knelt down on the ground. As if she really just feels tired. She couldn't seem to look up to Rith. Rithvik had a really pained sympathetic expression. He knelt down beside Dhun, looking at her with a warm yet sad expression. "Dhun..." She looked up at him. The tears had stopped, and there were dried tears on her face.

"Why did you do this?" She asked.

Rithvik looked into her eyes with honesty. "I am sorry, baby. I am really sorry. But did not bring us back here without a reason. I know what this means. I know what you have been through. I don't want you to suffer through that again." She looked at him. " Dhun. Listen to me carefully okay. It could be disturbing for you. But I think, no matter what you do, I am going to die anyway."

Dhun shifted her position in a 'why do you have to say that' way.

"You can't save me. It's not because of some silly reason as Ansh and Roli. It's my destiny. You can't just change my fate by tampering with Ansh and Roli's life."

"No... It's... I tried everything." She said.

"I know." He got up while helping her get up. "But I really don't care about Ansh and Roli right now."