Chapter 4

There were urgent knocks on Ansh's bedroom door. Ansh was preparing to go to bed, so he felt irritated. He went and opened the door to find a still so flustered Rithvik.

"You won't believe what just happened," Rithvik said, already walking in.

"I did tell you I need some time away from you," Ansh said behind him.

"I know. But this news tops that." He turned to Ansh, "You won't believe it. Guess what?"

"What?"

"I kissed a girl."

"You kissed a girl when we were in class 10."

"Not like that. A proper kiss. It was...It was..." His face lit up with thrill and happiness at the thought of the kiss. "Awesome." Now Ansh looked interested.

So Rithvik jumped onto Ansh's bed and sat there. "So... I kissed Dhun. More like she kissed me first. But..." He was unable to keep a smile out of his face. The kiss still lingered on his lips. "She said she like me. As in 'like' like me. Isn't that a shock?"

Ansh shrugged. "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Do you like her? So are you going to be a couple now?"

"What? No... I mean," Rithvik just lay down on Ansh's bed. "I have never thought of her like that. We were very close as kids. I never thought of her as a girl. But she is .... A girl." It felt like his mind travelled back to the kiss again. "Total girl..." he said as he was reminded of the sensation of her body pressed against his.

Ansh looked a bit bored and had gone back to his old annoyance now. But Rithvik took no notice of that. "I mean, first when she kissed me all of a sudden, I was like 'what the hell is happening'. But then... Damn!" He breathed out.

"She is totally a girl," he concluded.

"Well, I have always known that Dhun is a girl. If that is your big news." Ansh said in a bored voice.

Rithvik gets up, annoyed. "Hey, I also knew she is a girl, okay? I am not blind. But..." He goes into a trance again "Dude, I can't stop thinking about her."

Ansh looked at him. Rithvik dropped down to the bed. "From that moment onward, my heart is beating like crazy. What should I do?"

The kiss plays in his mind again. He was slowly going red. The way her lips felt so soft against her. She tasted like green apple, probably because of her lip balm. And the way her body was pressed closer to his.

He turned around and lay down with his face pressed to the pillow as if he cannot trust his body now. "Wait for a second, this room... it had been her room in the past. I had played with her so many times in here." He screamed into the pillow. Ansh looked irritated. "What is your problem?" He asked.

"What is my problem?" Rithvik turned to look at him.

"Yes. You had a kiss with a girl. So what? What is the problem here?"

"The problem here is that the girl is Dhun. And the kiss was awesome. But it's Dhun. I have never even thought of her that way before. And she is not my type actually. But now I can't stop thinking about her." He sat up.

"Rith, if you can't stop thinking about her that means you like her. Go date her. Simple. End of discussion."

"Why are you getting irritated?"

"Oh Yeah, you don't know why I'm getting irritated, you selfish hypocrite?"

"No. Why?"

"You come here telling stories about your profound kiss with a girl, and how you can't stop thinking about her when I can't have the permission to even have feelings for the girl I like."