Chapter 7

Roli's friends were helping her with her make-up. Roli was going to the college festival and she felt nervous. "This is so exciting..." Nita, Roli's friend said, selecting a lip gloss for Roli. "This is just like 'Three Mistakes of My Life'."

"In what way?"

"He tutors you."

"For the last time guys there is nothing between me and Ansh," Roli told them. But she was not so sure herself now. There was something between them the day before yesterday. "And he used to tutor me. He does not tutor me anymore." There was disappointment in her voice.

She got up and looked at herself in Nita's floor-length mirror. She looked nice in a pale blue top and a white mini skirt. She sighed...

Ansh was waiting for them when Roli and her friends arrived in front of the college. Roli had texted Ansh. But while waiting, Rithvik came around the place. He walked to Ansh. "Hey... What are you doing here? Are you waiting for someone?"

Ansh was put in a tight spot. He was never a good liar. "Hm... yeah. Someone I know is coming." He said, as vaguely as possible.

"Really? Who?" Rithvik asked casually.

"Just someone. Hey, I think I saw Dhun with Suraj..." He managed to divert Rithvik's attention at once.

"Where? I had been trying to get hold of her since morning. But have not seen her."

"I think she is in B block. I saw her there last. With Suraj." He stressed the last phrase. Rithvik's looked irritated and determined. "I'll see you later," he told Ansh and walked away. It was good that he walked away because Roli and her friends arrived just then in an auto-rickshaw. The rickshaw came to a stop in front of Ansh and the girls got out.

Roli felt Ansh's eyes on her and she did not know why she is feeling shy all of a sudden. She had never felt shy with Ansh. She had not felt shy with anyone before. She played with the strap of her sling bag.

"Hey.." Ansh greeted her.

"Hey," she said not meeting his eyes.

Roli's friends, Nita, Jyotsna and Trisha greets Ansh and he takes them inside the college. They start walking around enjoying each stall or event. But slowly, Nita gathered the other two and they decide to lag behind so as to give Ansh and Roli some alone time.

Nita, Jyotsna and Trisha secretly sneak off from there, and after a while, only Roli realises that she is alone with Ansh. If it was before, she would not have felt anything, but now she felt awkward all of a sudden. Ansh also noticed that they are alone.

"Where did your friends go?" He asked her.

Roli shrugged and said she has no idea. She tried to call them but they were not picking up. She realised that this was Nita's plan and they are away from them by intention.

"Didn't you plan to enjoy yourself with your friends?" Ansh asked.

"Yeah. But what can I do? There are probably playing some prank on me. They will be okay. Let's walk on our own." She said. She wanted to explore this new thing that was happening between her and Ansh. And since there was nobody around, there was no need for her to pretend about her feelings.

Ansh looked unsure. He had his promise with Rithvik. But then speaking of Rithvik, Roli suddenly spotted Rithvik at a distance, looking as if he is searching for somebody. "Wait... Is that my brother?" She jumped and hid behind Ansh.

She peaked out, with one hand on Ansh's arm. Ansh was suddenly conscious of her touch. But he could spot Rithvik too. And if Rithvik did find Roli, it would be the end of it...