Chapter 17

Roli was making popcorn in the microwave. And Ansh walked to the kitchen to drink some water. She was singing a tune casually as she is making popcorn. Ansh finished drinking water and stared at her for a second. He thought it is a good thing that Dhun confessed to him. Roli and he is impossible anyway.

Roli turned to him with a smile. "When are you going to teach me maths again?"

"When we are free."

"Cool. I have a few doubts to ask. Can we sit tomorrow?"

"Eh...Tomorrow I'll be busy. I have to go to a party with Rith. So day after tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Cool..."

Ansh hesitated for a second. "Eh...Roli?"

"Hm?"

"Can I ask your opinion on a situation?" She nodded. " Someone asked me out. I don't know what to do about that?" He was half hoping that Roli will be jealous and asked him to not meet the girl. But instead, Roli seemed semi excited. "Oh wow! Who?"

"You know Dhun, right?"

Roli'e voice went flat now, "Dhun? The Dhun I know? Are you serious?"

"Yeah," Ansh said.

"Dhun likes you?" She was confused,

"Well....she said so. Why?"

"I don't know. I have always thoughts that Dhun likes Rith."Ansh thought about it. " I could be wrong. Because she has never said anything. And I have met her like only once or twice after we grew up. So I could be wrong." Ansh nodded. " But if she asked you out, and if you think you can like her, maybe you should give it a try. As far as I know, she is a nice person."

Ansh was a bit disappointed at her words. "So you are okay with it?"

"What's there to be not okay with?"

Ansh was again disappointed. But Rithvik came out of his room looking for them just then. "Coz you were gone for so long."

"He was asking my opinion about Dhun," Roli said. Rith looked relieved.

"Good. And what did you tell him?"

Roli took the popcorn out of the microwave, "That he should give it a chance."

Rithvik smiled and go to her and tried taking some popcorn. She slapped his hand. "What?" He yelled.

"When I asked you if you want, you didn't say 'yes'. I won't give now."

"Hey, I am your brother," He tried to grab the popcorn.

"No. You should have said 'yes' when I asked you. Then I would have made for you as well."

"Come on, what difference would a couple make?"

They continued to fight over the popcorn. Ansh just smiled at the siblings.

The arrangements for the college festival were going on. And everyone seemed to be busy. Rithvik was really happy and cheery as he is helping the students with arrangements and stuff. Ansh watched him from distance. Ansh was in thought. Just then he noticed that Dhun was also watching Rithvik from a distance. Her expression being of intense relief or gratefulness. Someone can't have that gaze unless they love the other person deep inside.

Ansh was half confused by it.

Dhun turned and noticed that Ansh was looking at her. So she gave him a smile. He smiled back at her, still a bit confused. Dhun looked back to Rithvik. Rithvik was joking around with the guys and doing a goofy dance. Dhun crossed her arms and now looked at him with a smile. She looked peaceful and as if she just wanted to just take in the happiness and peace of this moment with her.