Chapter 23

Ansh walked up to the CSE classroom and looked inside. Meghna who was coming out sees him. "Dhun is not here yet." She said. Ansh nodded. And look around. Dhun was walking up to the classroom then. She stopped seeing Ansh. Ansh looked at her and smile. "Hey... "

"Hey..." He was nervous, "So...We okay now?" Dhun did not reply and just look at him. "I feel like I stepped out of my limit yesterday."

"Yeah. You did." Dhun said.

"Dhun, I am sorry. But..."

"Can we talk later? The bell is about to ring." She was cold.

"Yeah. Okay. I will wait for you at the canteen at recess."

Dhun nodded and walked in.

Dhun walked into the canteen while Ansh walks to a table with two coffee and snacks. He saw Dhun. He looked like he wanted to make up some way. "I got you your favourites," He set the plates down.

Dhun walks to him. She looked at the plates and then looked at Ansh. "I will just ask directly. Have you like developed feelings for me or something now?" She asked.

Ansh got a serious face. He hesitated a bit. "Can't I?" He asked defensively.

"What about Roli? Are you completely over her?"

ANSH sighed and leaned on the table. "It's complicated," he paused, "But I don't want to be stuck at Roli anymore. I want to move on with MY life."

Dhun looked at him. "You guys are all forgetting one thing. That there is something called 'My' life. I had to give up the girl I liked for six years. And now...you are my girlfriend now, right, Dhun...?"

"Have you confused reality and faking it? We are acting."

"I know."

"How the hell can you... I mean??? Sorry... I know I should not degrade someone's feelings. But...you are making things complicated. Do you want me to be your real girlfriend now?"

Ansh did not answer, hence confirming his feelings more. "Ansh..." Dhun called him frustrated.

"I don't know how this happened," Ansh said, helpless and guilty. Dhun stared at him. " I'm sorry," Ansh said.

She calmed a bit at his sorry. She realized he is indeed guilty somewhere inside. "So you will really just go and blackmail with Roli?"

"I am really sorry about that. I didn't want to go that far."

"But you did."

"Dhun, please..." He sighed... "I am sorry."

Dhun just crossed her hands. "I know that you have feelings only for Rithvik." He said. "I can see it in you, how much he means to you."

"Yeah."

"But... you can't be with him, right? I am not asking for you to forget Rith and like me immediately or anything. I know it's not easy as that." She looked at Ansh. "Look, It's great if you can be with Rith. But you yourself said you should not be with him. Then what...? I don't want to see you hung up on him like this forever. I want you to move on. That's all, Dhun. And I can wish that for you even as a friend, right?"

Dhun felt that he is at least trying to be as much polite and diplomatic with this. Dhun decided to be straight with him. "So you developed those kinds of feelings for me." Ansh just looked at her guiltily. She continued, "Maybe it's my fault. I am sorry. I had thought I had found a really good friend in you."