Chapter 22

Rithvik was driving his bike, looking distressed and angry. He was driving really rashly. Then he saw the headlights of the truck coming his way. He was about to hit the truck.

Rithvik opens his eyes. He was lying on a bed in the emergency room in the hospital. His mother is sitting by his side. She noticed that Rith opened his eyes. "Rithu, can you hear me? Are you feeling better?"

He sat up, clutching his head. "What happened?"

"Remember you had a headache and chest pain in college. Your friends brought you here?"

Rithvik looked around and saw that he is in the hospital. He seemed to be recalling what happened. He was thinking back, and things came back to him. His mother was speaking. "Your blood pressure had shot up. But you were given an injection for it. And a sedative. So you slept for a couple of hours. You seem better now. But we still need to do some tests. You need to be admitted. I am just going to fill in the papers..."

But Rithvik jumped down from the bed. "I need to get back to college."

"What?"

Rithvik noticed that he is not wearing shoes. He looked down and found his shoes placed near the bed. "What time is it?"

"Three. But where are you going? You can't go. I told you you need to be hospitalized. You need rest, Rithu."

Rithvik grabbed his shoes, "No. Mom, I am fine. I just really need to get back to college."

"You are not fine. Just lie down, Rithu."

"Trust me, mom. I am okay." He finished putting on his shoes and ran out.

Rithvik walked out, but then he saw Dhun sitting outside looking a bit too worried and tensed. He stopped as if he need not run anymore. He got what he wanted. He walked to her. She looked up and noticed him. She jumped upon seeing him. "Rith, are you okay? Are you feeling better? What had happened to you suddenly?"

But Rithvik was totally relaxed now. He was even happy. He was just looking at her, into her eyes. With happiness, longing and attraction(?) "Rith?" Dhun called him. Rithvik gave a soft smile. " What are you doing here?" he asked her.

"Huh?"

"Even Ansh is not here. What are you doing here alone?"

"Ansh was here. He went back only just now."

"Okay. Then why didn't you go with him?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"Are you that concerned about me?" He stepped closer, looking into her eyes. "That you ditched your boyfriend and is here?" He stepped even closer to her and softly touched her hand. He just looked way too happy.

Dhun looked up at him. "What are you doing?"

"Taking back what was mine."

"What yours?"

"I understand why it felt wrong all this time. Now I don't really have to feel guilty about feeling this way about you. Coz you were ever Ansh's. You were always mine."

Dhun stepped back, breaking their connection. And Rithvik got a bit cut off and was hurt at her action. "I remember everything, Dhun." Dhun looks at him with doubt. But Rith let out a deep breath and look down. "I guess we need to talk." He looked around. "It would be great if we can get some privacy though." They were surrounded by people. "Eh...one minute." He grabbed her hand and pulled her along.

Rithvik walked back into the ER while pulling Dhun along with him. His mother was walking out, and she saw him.

"Mom..."