Part 15

Arthur Leywin POV:

I turned around and watched the undead mana beasts get back up. As a smile creeped on my face I drew my sword.

Well I guess I can just cut them up until they can't regenerate any longer. Brald went to put his hand on my shoulder but I released a small portion of my blood lust. Although it was a small portion it was enough to cause a suffocating pressure to A class adventurers. I could see Lucas fall to the ground and the others take several shaky steps back.

Channelling mana into my legs stimulating the muscles I used burst step and proceeded to cut each mana beast into tiny pieces and scattered them around so they wouldn't be able to regenerate properly until the raid is over that is if they can regenerate after that.

I withdrew my bloodlust and we went into the next room. Lucas looked like he had something to say but it seems Brald stopped him. The others eyed me cautiously.

In the next room I looked ahead and saw some mana beasts that ordinary people even with augmented vision wouldn't be able to see.

I heard a click and faint whistle come from one of the mana beasts

I immediately drew my sword and sidestepped in front of Samantha.

My short sword blurred as I parried the projectiles aimed towards Samantha, the sharp ring of metal on metal echoing through the dim corridor. I however also sent blades of wind at the mana beasts in the distance. Getting rid of threats as soon as possible is a safe way to do things.

"Th-Thank you..." Samantha muttered mindlessly. I could tell that her face had paled as the metal spikes that almost killed her landed on the ground, harmlessly, beside her feet.

"Something's wrong...there were no traps last time." Brald picked up one of the pointed spikes to study it but was baffled.

"They aren't traps." I said as a walked into the shadows. I came out holding a couple mana beasts. "They are mana beasts."

I got a few weary looks. There were clearly other mana beasts around so I sent out some small wind blades killing each one. They were only E class beasts so it wasn't a problem.

We reached the end of the hall with no other mana beasts triggering any traps. The next cave was similar to the previous cave, but twice the size and littered holes filled with considerable amounts of mana. They were most likely geysers if mana was being built up like that.

"Don't get near the holes. They're geysers that shoot extremely hot streams of gas up. It should be fine as long as you're not in direct proximity of the blast," Brald announced

Brald confided my suspicions. But it shouldn't be much of a problem even if I get hit. I'm half a step away from white core so even if I did get injured I'd heal very fast. My regenerative abilities were already scarily good without mana so with mana it was visible to see my healing.

The cave trembled, shaking the sharp stalactites overhead to a nerve-wracking degree. Forcing my attention from the wobbling spikes, a large figure erupting from the ground.

"Was that here last time, Brald?" Kriol asked in a worrying tone as we all peered up at the mana beast.

The creature resembled a worm, except it was thick enough to easily swallow any one of us here, whole.

"N-No, it wasn't—I don't get what's happening. It doesn't make sense for new mana beast species to enter a dungeon like this." Brald replied

"It's not a big deal. It's just an oversized insect," Lucas said from behind.

Well then it seems Lucas here didn't do his biology homework. After all worms aren't insects. They are annelids.

the beast burrowed back underground, leaving in its path another gaping hole.