Part 26

Arthur Leywin POV

The owl jumped off my shoulder and began flying to the right, as if he understood, motioning us to follow.

'Papa, he's dangerous!' Sylvie told me, her fur standing on end, cautioned me. Though I already knew what she was. She was perhaps as strong as Sylvie was right now.

Most students were in class, training on their own, or in their dorms, so the campus was quite quiet. I was so engrossed in the lovely beauty of this campus that I didn't notice that the owl had landed on a statue in front of the director's office, waiting for me to enter.

I walked inside after opening the door, the horned owl perched itself on my shoulder once more, causing Sylvie to hiss and flail paws at it in warning.

"I notice Avier has personally escorted you to this location. Strange... I've never seen him get that comfortable with a complete stranger." Professor Goodsky, who was seated at her desk, put her head on her hands as she gazed at me, but she was particularly interested in Sylvie.

"Yes, to be escorted by a wyvern is certainly not what I expected." I said with a teasing expression on my face.

I saw the Cynthia's eyes widen

"You knew?" She was shocked that her secret had just been uncovered.

"Yep. After all, your bond has far too much mana to be a simple owl. But I am sure that isn't the reason you called me here."

"Yes. I heard in  Professor Geist's class there was a small 'demonstration,'so I called you here.  As she mentioned the trouble I must've given her, her expression remained unaffected.

"Ah... Actually, there were some pre-existing circumstances..." Director Goodsky raised her hand to interrupt me before I could explain.

"Professor Geist has been dismissed from our academy. Princess Kathyln took the initiative and personally explained what had occurred. Of course, I had to enlist the help of others to corroborate her allegation, but everyone agreed that the professor was a hazard to students." She nodded and slid a stack of papers in front of me.

She worked incredibly quickly. Even though the incident occurred less than two hours ago, she was able to handle it and fire the professor.

She grinned and said, as if she understood what I was thinking "When you have the last word in all matters pertaining to this academy, it helps to move things along. But I must say, I have never seen the princess as fired up as she was today. She had a somewhat irritated expression on her face when she walked in, which was fairly serious by her standards. You can imagine how astonished I was. Hoho!" Director Goodsky giggled gently while covering her mouth with her palm.

"Are you serious? I didn't think the princess was capable of displaying emotions." I, too, chuckled.

"Yes. Professor Geist had no place to defend himself after she vehemently defended you." She winked at me.

"Don't even try to tease me. You should already know what happened between Tess and I."

She raised a brow. "What do you mean?" She said curiously.

"We are getting off topic, Director. If you want to know, ask Tess."

"Right... Arthur, how do you feel about being the professor for your Practical Mana Manipulation class?" She clasped her hands together, her gaze fixed on my expression.

"Are you serious?"

"Oh, Arthur, I'm dead serious," she responded, her expression insouciant.

"Is this even legal? I'm a student who hasn't even completed his first day of school. Is it possible for me to be a student and a professor at the same time? What about the rest of my classes?" I started making excuses for why this wouldn't work.