Part 27

Arthur Leywin POV

The three of us ran forward at Professor Glory's signal. Curtis, who was riding Grawder, was to my left, and Claire was to my right, both of whom were a few steps behind me.

As soon as we charged, Tess, Clive, and Lucas separated as planned. Tess swung around the left side, preparing to meet Curtis, while Clive sprinted around the right side to attack Claire before she could reach him.

I saw Lucas waiting for me straight ahead, his face twisted into a condescending sneer that seemed to say, 'I don't need to get ready for you.' Lucas' arrogance knew no bounds, whether it was at the Dire Tombs or now.

Tess was probably going to beat Curtis and I wasn't sure who was stronger between Claire and Clive but I'd worry about that later.

I lay my gaze on Lucas as he shot a fire ball at me. I guess I can show off a little. I shot a small ball of pure mana at the fireball causing it to instantly disperse.

Lucas contorted his face, obviously annoyed at what I did. I couldn't help but smirk to myself. I began to let some of my intent weigh over the surroundings.

I saw everyone around me freeze in place. Even professor Glory's mana beast was barely keeping itself afloat. I could already tell this was going to be fun. I'm going to have fun slowly breaking him over my knee.

I began my stride towards Lucas. I clasped my hands behind my back slightly decreasing my intent but letting the weight of it weigh down on everyone. I'm not too sure why but I have a feeling I will need to keep all these nobles in line.

I could see him take several steps back before starting a chant.

It seemed to be a domain spell but it isn't insta casting so.

A huge pop was heard from Lucas' direction. After all I disrupted the mana in the air making it impossible for him to form the spell.

His face visibly paled and his face contorted into an expression of pure hatred.

"Flame guardian." Lucas roared.

A huge soldier of pure flames towered in front of me. But that was nothing.

It charged at me and swung back its battle axe preparing to attack me but I decided to try a mana art that I rarely used. I formed a huge dome of earth around the guardian and slowly began to compress it. Crushing it to the point where Lucas would have no choice but to dispel the mana art unless he wanted to continue wasting mana.

Lucas once again tried to use the domain spell. However this time I decided to allow him to use it. I was going to destroy this spell from the inside out. I still continued to march forward with my hands behind my back.

"Burn in hell." He shouted at me.

Hmm. I guess I can use it. Just like fire mages can create blue flames or wind mages can manipulate the air itself. I had figured out how to conjure any type of material from the ground I wanted.

The fireballs rained down on me however faster than anyone could see I created perfect translucent crystals similar to amethyst in my old world yet here it was one of the hardest materials in existence.

Step by step I made my way to Lucas blocking every spell he threw at me with these crystals.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Professor Glory POV

Lucas is much better than I have heard. Despite the fact that Inferno's Cage was a difficult spell to master, he was able to cast it while running backwards. He was only thirteen years old and already knew how to cast a domain spell. Haa... the world was changing, with a half-elf like him wielding fire attribute magic, and even Princess Tessia. All of them were monsters. Imagining how strong they'd become by the time they graduated from here gave me shivers down my spine.