Part 38

Tessia Eralith POV

Stannard, Caria and I had all been talking for a little while but I suddenly spotted a familiar face. Claire. I hadn't seen much of her since she became a captain.

"Claire! Over here!" I called out. She looked over and waved back. What I hadn't noticed was that she was with other people I hadn't seen in a long time as well.

She made her way over to us along with four other familiar faces. Kathyln, Curtis, Doradrea and Theo. Her uncle seemed to be a little behind them but still following behind. I'm guessing to see who Claire was coming to see.

"It's been a while," I smiled.

"Hi Tessia, it's been almost three years, time sure flies." Claire said

"Princess Tessia, it's good to see you again" Curtis said

"Princess Tessia," Kathyln echoed, dipping her head.

"It's good to see you all again and we should be able to be a bit more comfortable with each other considering we were once schoolmates. Right, Curtis, Kathyln?"

"You're right," Curtis grinned. "And yes, it has been a while, Tessia."

"It's nice seeing you again," Kathyln said with a smile so faint that I'd almost mistaken it for a twitch.

The three of us eventually settled around a patio table nearby. I wasn't particularly close to them but all four of us had a mutual friend that helped us quickly bond: Arthur.

I introduced my old schoolmates to my three new friends. They seemed to get along well and luckily Caria stopped Darvus from doing anything ridiculous.

The five of my classmates had much to say about him and soon enough, we were sharing laughs about stories involving him.

"I still can't believe you are all friends with that guy. He's terrifying." Darvus muttered.

I began to poke some fun at him. Arthur is the only person to have made Darvus feel like this. "aww, did someone start having nightmares."

"Shut up." Darvus said his face red.

"Terrifying?" Claire, Curtis, Doradrea, Theo and Kathyln asked at the same time.

I forgot they didn't know about this. "Well basically, when Arthur got back from his training he was transported into a dungeon we were meant to clear. We were pretty nervous because there was reportedly an S class mana beast and a thousand other beasts. But when we got down there. There were A class and AA class mana beasts slaughtered by the thousands and then also the S class mana beast practically mutilated. That was all done by Arthur and the thing is he was unscathed and didn't seem tired at all."

I could see all of there expressions changed but Claire asked a question. "I understand that it would be crazy seeing that but how does that make him terrifying?"

Darvus decided to take over what I was explaining. "It was whatever that pressure from him was. It was so strong he collapsed all of us to our knees. I thought I was going to die then and there."

Before Darvus could continue we heard many people moving around. Everyone seemed to be going into the main hall.

"Well we should probably get going. We don't want to be late for this." Claire said chuckling slightly.

However as we turned we saw someone.

Donning an elegant set of armor composed only of a pauldron and greaves made of mithril was the Lance Zero, Varay Aurae. Traditions that dated back to when the receivers of these legendary artifacts operated in the shadows forced them to be regarded only by their aliases.