Chapter 4

Hey guys! This chapter is LONG (over 4k words) but it's also one of my favourites so far 👀 so I hope you enjoy! pls feel free to vote and comment if you enjoy it :)

•Dionne POV•

Barely a second after I looked into his eyes, I was on the move. I spun on my feet and rushed back over to Blaire and Tyler, ignoring their confused expressions and grabbing them both by the arms. "You two. Hallway. Now." I dragged them with me, looking over my shoulder fearfully as I went.

"Woah, what's the drama?" Tyler asked somewhat excitedly as we arrived in the hallway by the front door, away from the people partying. I couldn't bring myself to respond yet, instead saying 'one sec' and biting the cap off of my bottle of beer so I could take a long, well needed sip. "Girl... what the fuck?" Tyler added.

"I broke a tooth doing that once Dee, I wouldn't-"

"Blaire, the guy from the club is out there." I interrupted her with a heavy sigh, and then took another sip of my beer.

"What?!" Her eyes immediately widened.

"What guy?" Tyler looked between Blaire and I frantically, and I placed my hands on my head stressfully.

"Tyler, I made out with some guy in the club last week-"

"And you didn't tell me?!"

"Nope! Sorry about it, not the point though!" I leaned up against the wall. "...It's also the same guy that you bumped into on Monday-"

"You're fucking kidding, the sexy one with the blue hair?! Wait, is that why you said you weren't interested in Ashton-"

"Woah, Dee, you saw the hottie again and didn't tell me?!" Blaire exclaimed, her jaw basically on the floor.

"Oh my god guys, focus please!" I huffed irritably, pinching the bridge of my nose and squeezing my eyes shut. "The point is, I did have a nice time with Ashton in the car, but I've just seen him talking to the guy who I was grinding on last weekend and now I feel weird and- I just think I should leave. Honestly." There was a quietness that fell over the three of us after I spoke, as I watched them trying to process what I said. That quietness only lasted a short moment, though.

"...There's a lot to unpack there." Tyler let out an exasperated breath, pursing his lips. Then he grabbed my shoulders and looked me dead in the eye. "But let's start here: you're not going anywhere."

"But-"

"No buts, girl! You're a bad bitch and you're staying at this party. Have a drink, have some fun. Play it cool. It's not like you actually did anything wrong, right?"

"What he said." Blaire added, and I stared at the both before I simply sighed.

"Okay. Sure. But... I need a stronger drink." I shook my head and started making my way back to the kitchen, my heart still racing in my chest. As I got to the kitchen, I once again froze. Mystery man was standing there, mixing himself a drink, and I was about to forget all of Tyler's advice and bolt when the guy suddenly looked up at me.

"Hey." He said abruptly, as if to grab my attention, his lips curling into a curious smile. If my heart was racing before, it was about to stop now.

"Uh... hey." I choked back, shuffling on my feet and avoiding eye contact. How the hell does he make me this nervous?

"Do... you remember me?" He asked while looking me up and down - I knew that he knew the answer to that by the way the corner of his mouth curled upwards mischievously.

"I- yeah, I do. I just... didn't expect to see you here." I chuckled nervously, and he did the same. Of course I remember him; I'm trying my hardest not to think about our slightly heated interaction right now.