Chapter 12

•Dionne POV•

"You wanna dance, Dionne?" He asked with a smirk once we were stood facing one another, and I cocked my head up at him.

"Haven't I told you that my friends call me Dee?" I asked, feeling his hand brush against my waist.

"Hm... I do remember you saying that, yeah." He nodded with a sly expression on his face as he softly settled both of his hands on my waist. "You didn't answer my question, though." I didn't have to, either. I smiled up at him and placed my hands on top of his wrists, leading him over to where the rest of the group had moved to dance.

My hands ran up his arms as we moved to the music, the glitter that was leftover on my hands transferring to his skin and reflecting under the light... I let my hands rest on his shoulders, finally looking up and into his eyes. One of his hands snuck around from my waist to the small of my back, the other reaching up to grasp my own hand and move my arm so that it was wrapped around his neck instead; I have to admit, his boldness was a turn on. Then, he placed that hand onto my hip and leaned his head down to speak closely to my ear...

"Deja vu, right?" He muttered, and although I couldn't see his face I knew he was smirking.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself." I bit my lip, trying to ignore my slightly racing heart. Despite how confident I was acting about dancing with him, in my head I was kind of freaking out; not necessarily because he was making me nervous - which was kind of always true anyways - but because I had no idea where things would go from here. What was I doing? What was I looking for? I have no idea... but for now, I just wanted to enjoy myself.

Eventually, we were back at the bar after Michael suggested we do group shots - and I'm absolutely never one to turn down shots. After our round of shots, I sat at the bar and ordered myself another drink. While waiting, I turned and faced the stage across the room, noticing that the local performers were finishing their set and the live music was replaced with songs blasting over the speakers at the whim of the DJ in the booth behind the stage.

"Cal. Do you think that stage is... business only?" Michael, who was sat on one of the barstools,asked, and when I looked at him he was staring intensely at the stage with narrowed eyes and a slight smirk. I looked over at Calum out of curiosity for his response, and saw him glancing between Michel and the stage whilst sipping from a bottle of beer.

"I dunno, Mike... You fancy findin' out?" Grinning, Calum suddenly took on an exaggerated southern accent as he raised an eyebrow and nudged Michael in the arm.

"You know it, brother." Michael beamed back in that same exaggerated accent before slapping his thigh and climbing to his feet, striding confidently towards the stage as Calum laughed to himself.

"Hey. What are you two up to?" I asked as I tapped Calum on the shoulder and he turned to me with an amused smile on his face.

"Oh, just... It's this thing we do." He bit his lip and looked away as if he was holding back a laugh, and then glanced over at Michael who was standing in front of the DJ booth talking to the man inside. "You'll see what I mean." Calum leaned back against the bar and sipped his beer; then I received my drink from the bartender, and only moments later Michael was facing us again and shooting Calum an enthusiastic thumbs up. I had no idea what was going on, but Calum returned the gesture before excitedly standing up and taking a big swig of his beer, seemingly getting ready to join Michael over on that stage.

"Wait, are you guys gonna sing?" I asked, feeling a hint of excitement wash over me at the thought as I watched Michael saunter up to the microphone on the stage. Then, I was taken off guard as I felt Calum's hand gently lift my chin so I was looking up at him.