Chapter 24

•Dionne's POV•

Calum dropped me off at home, kissing me goodbye at the door and leaving me with a smile on my face as he did. I felt giddy - and it didn't go unnoticed.
I walked into the house and was quickly greeted by Blaire, who'd apparently been sitting in the front room and saw Calum walk past the window as he left.

"You're smiley." She raised an eyebrow at me knowingly, and I could see her putting the pieces together in her mind.

"Am I?" I responded awkwardly, trying and failing to hold back my grin.

"Did Calum just drop you off home?" The smirk grew on her face as my cheeks began to burn, and I knew I didn't have to say anything for her to figure out my answer. "Spill. Now." She insisted as she turned and started walking towards the kitchen. Then, with a bashful smile on my face, I admitted to Blaire that Calum and I had kissed after I told him I liked him.

"Oh my god, finally." She practically cheered, clapping her hands together in excitement. "When are you next seeing each other? Did you plan anything? A date? This is exciting." She rambled, and I stood awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

"Well- no, we didn't plan anything. We didn't really... talk about that kind of thing?" I tried to explain, seeing her eyebrows furrow.

"So you said you liked each other and you kissed, but you didn't talk about... like... dating?"

"I- no. I didn't think that far ahead." I pursed my lips, and Blaire crossed her arms.

"...Right. Well, do you want to date him?" She asked sincerely, and I froze on the spot. I definitely hadn't thought that far ahead.

I couldn't help but think of the time we saw each other at Michael's - and his, technically - house party. I'd told him I wasn't looking for a serious relationship, and he asked me if I was looking for something casual... so maybe that's what he wanted from me. Maybe that's what he still wants.
I didn't know what he wanted. I didn't know if I wanted a serious relationship or a casual relationship.
I just knew that I wanted him around.

"Dionne?" Blaire's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, my focus falling on her concerned looking face. "I'll just say... have a think about that. In the meantime, let's talk about something else." She nodded to herself, pulling her phone out of her pocket and pulling open a tab as I furrowed my eyebrows. "We need to plan our outfits for next weeks party." She grinned - and honestly, I was happy for the change in subject.

-

I didn't see Calum in person throughout the week, but he did message me often. It was usually with funny content and - occasionally - with questions of what I was up to... for the most part, though, we were both too busy for a full conversation, being that we were both in the middle of our first assignment. I'd started writing my presentation and I was extremely paranoid about actually having to do it in front of the class.

The upcoming party was the perfect distraction for me - it was an early halloween party, and myself and the girls had already organised a whole group costume plan... there was a sudden change in plans, though.

"By the way girls, I have a proposition." Blaire announced as she placed two bags full of Chinese food onto the coffee table in the middle of the room whilst I put down some glasses for our drinks and Sameera chose what we'd be watching on TV for the night.

"I didn't think you knew that word." Charlie piped up as she walked into the room with a stack of plates and cutlery.

"Oh, fuck you." Blaire scowled as we inevitably giggled at her.