Chapter 6

•Dionne POV•

Later in the evening, I was bombarded with questions from Charlie and Sameera after they found out - thanks to Blaire - that I'd seen Calum twice since we'd been at the club... Blaire had wrongly assumed I'd already mentioned it, so you can imagine the offence they took when they realised I hadn't told them immediately. Listen, I was going to tell them - I was... I just wanted to get my thoughts in order before I did. Unfortunately, there was no way Blaire could have known that, so I just had to run with it.

We were all in the living-room, Charlie and Sameera on the couch and myself sitting alone in the arm chair, and I was doing my best to avoid eye contact. It was hard to read their reactions once I explained it as well as I could - I kept it simple, saying that Tyler, who'd gone home by now, bumped into Calum at uni. And then Ashton invited me to a party, and Calum ended up being there because... well, he lived there. I tried to spare them the embarrassing details...

Despite how simple I'd tried to make it, Charlie looked like she'd just been given a difficult maths equation to figure out, sitting there with her mouth slightly open and her eyebrows occasionally scrunching and rising in contemplation and realisation. "So... the random guy who you made out with... who I had to drag you away from... just so happens to go to our uni... and just so happened to be living in the house that another hot guy invited you to for a party?"

"...Yeah, that about covers it." I'd nodded, pursing my lips and looking over to Sameera, seeing her looking at me with concern that immediately made me sigh. "It's no big deal, guys-"

"Why didn't you tell us?" Sameera asked with a frown, and I frowned right back.

"I... didn't think it was important." I muttered, watching Sameera's eyes widen immediately. Meanwhile, Charlie simply raised an eyebrow doubtfully.

"Dee-"

"Was it awkward?" Charlie cut Sameera off, leaning forward with her chin resting in her palm and elbow perched on her crossed knee.

"It was totally awkward." Blaire perked up, walking back into the front room with a glass of water and leaning against the wall. She'd disappeared when I started explaining how things went down, so trust her to come back with an interjection... "She came running over to me and Tyler when she saw him, and then she disappeared and then we played drinking games and he was totally flirting with her."

"Blaire, he was not-"

"Oh he was, and he was like checking you out all night. I saw him look at your ass multiple times, no doubt."

"No he- wait, multiple times?" I was caught off guard by her words, feeling heat rise in my cheeks but immediately regretting my reaction when I saw her eyebrows shoot up. "That's just... not true." I shook my head, barely believing myself when I said it and refusing to even glance at the other two and find out how they'd reacted to my horrible bluff. "Anyway - yes, it was kind of awkward at first, but then we got over it and just acted normal because- because we're adults." I rolled my eyes, trying to hide the fact that I was forcing myself to act nonchalant. "We just got along, it wasn't awkward." Such a lie. Yes, we got along, but no doubt I still felt awkward.

"What about Ashton?" Sameera asked, and I found myself slightly glaring at her.

"Oh yeah - he invited you to the party, is he into you too, hot stuff?" Charlie wiggled her eyebrows at me and I huffed and threw my head back.

"More importantly, are you into him? Or Calum? Or... either of them?" Sameera followed up and I just furrowing my eyebrows with uncertainty. I had to think for a moment because I was afraid of tripping over my words.